Chapter 28

"Actually waking up from that is a nightmare, huh?" A raspy voice said to her. Bree looked up from the window she was absentmindedly looking at (trying to ignore her dream). "Cas... How did you know?" She whispered to him, keeping in mind the other two men sleeping in front of her on the floor. Cas only gazed at the young girl before him.

Cas tilted his head at her and pursed his lips. He wasn't sure on how to tell her that he had known there was sexual tension between her and the eldest Winchester ever since they met again. "Is it really that bad?" He said. Bree felt an urge to glare at him for saying that. Last thing she needed was someone questioning her for how she felt about the dream,
She was sure it was a nightmare. At least to her.

"I... don't know. It wasn't bad..." She whispered to him, pausing slightly. "But it wasn't good..." she admitted slowly. It felt as if she was admitting it to herself more so than she was actually admitting it to Castiel. "Where's Zion?" She asked him shaking her head slightly. She was wanting to change the subject.
She drew her blanket closer to her person — almost as if she was cold but she really wasn't.

Cas notes the way she ducked her head when she asked the question. "Went for a walk." Cas told her, a bit disappointed she wasn't admitting her attraction for Dean or rather the love/hate tension she had with him. "You think he'll be alright?" She asked him, furrowing her eyebrows together. Cas gave her a small smile. "He'll be fine. Sleep, Bree. I'll look out for him when he's back." Cas told her.

Bree looked down at the couch and leaned over slightly to gaze at Sam, his imposing figure was different to her now that he was asleep, at his feet was Mel. She felt a small smile creep up on her face at Sam being next to her sleeping and then she looked at Dean who was next to Sam, he was facing away from him. Bree was feeling thankful that he wasn't facing her where she slept.

Bree laid back down on the couch and put her hand on her forehead and tried to fall back asleep. As Cas waited for her soft snore to arise again from her throat, Cas moved his feet slightly from where he sat in a chair at the dining table, his body was growing tired but Cas was in no mood to deal with that right now. He would deal with that in the morning when everyone was awake. He knew the Winchester's would need all hands on deck protecting Bree.

He could hear the front door open and close as Zion walked in. Zion nearly stumbled and cursed his human body. Cas then took a trip down memory lane when he remembered how he had gotten Jimmy Novak's body. "Still new to your suit?" Cas asked him. Zion sat on the other side of the small dining table and sat down. "Yeah, it has cravings now that God is back in heaven." Zion said, placing his brown paper bag on the table.

The crinkle of the brown bag was irritating Cas because he felt it was too loud for the Winchesters and Bree but he dealt with it and soon the smell of egg and bacon and hot garlic bread permeated Cas's nose. Zion brought out a bottle of soda and drank from that first. "It is a bit of a hassle." Cas admitted to him. Zion nodded. "Worth it though, if you're tired you can sleep on the spare bed in the other room." He added.

Cas was a little unsure if he should take up his offer but relented. Zion was trustworthy, after all. He's not done anything to let him know that he's reneged or is power hungry. "I'll sleep when it is four am." Cas allotted, looking at the clock above the fireplace of the living room. It read that it was nearly four am. Only a good ten minutes til then. Zion nodded again. "Want a bite of my sandwich?" He asked him.

Cas put a hand up, refusing his offer in a polite way. "Thank you though." He said. He was hungry but then he would go eat when he would hear Dean and Bree bickering or Sam having polite conversation with Bree. Then he would feel assured that he can go eat something in the kitchen since Dean was the one that went grocery shopping. When it finally hit four am, Cas went and laid down on the spare bed in the next room. It was a dreamless sleep.