chapter 1

"What did you just say to me, bitch?" Dean growled at Bree, his green eyes glinting dangerously. Bree resisted the urge to smile in his face as he glared down at her.

Good, she hopes his neck hurts from looking at her. The pain she felt he deserved would soon be enough in time. "I said--" She was going to say.

"--let's calm this down a notch, please. Before Castiel gets here to assess the demon situation... " Sam interjected, coming between them.

Bree scoffed as Sam was interfering with her plans to call Dean more awful names. He reminded her so much of her dead twin. She would play peacemaker all her life until her death last year. Bree still glared up at Dean.

He's the cause of it, not his brother. His brother is blameless, she knew this because of the letters she would send her of helping Sam through his depression—she didn't get to finish it, obviously. And just as suddenly as he appeared, Castiel was here glaring at Bree as she glared at Dean.

"Hello, Dean." Castiel said, "Should I ask why a teenager is glaring at you?" Dean glanced at Cas for the briefest second and told him without looking at him, preferring to flare down at Bree's eyes. "She's twenty two." Sam arched an eyebrow at him.

Sam has never heard of Dean mentioning to him about Bree's birthday or even knowing it. He must've kept track of it after the ending of (what he likes to call) The Calling Saga.

If pictures could explain it all, they would never need words for what happened between him, Dean, and Bree, and her twin. It was a long story and there it would remain in their hearts til one of them wanted to bring it up (which they never did).

At least til now, Bree with her formidable presence seems to demand to know their side of things even now while she glared up into Dean's eyes. Well, she was glaring, Dean no longer was. In the middle of glaring at her, he had lost time and was inadvertently staring into her dark brown eyes.

In them, all he saw was his many failures, small triumphs, and so much more. Realizing too slowly and too quickly at once, he tore his eyes away from her face and got into the Impala. "Sammy, let's go!" He grunted. Sammy got into the passenger seat while Cas had gotten in the back.

Bree, by this point, had already turned around and still was glaring down at Dean in the front. She then cursed in sign language, to which Dean said, "Yeah, fuck you too." Then he took the time to sign, "Get in the damn car!"