Chapter 32

Bree sat down at the table, on either side of her was Zion and Dean Winchester. She began to eat breakfast. She was hoping to avoid any conversation with the four men before her about her monthly dues if one of them happened to peek into the bathroom cabinet.

"Pretty good breakfast, Dean." Cas commented. Dean looked up from his piece of bacon and gave a smile that made Bree's heart give a start. 'God, why Dean?' She thought to herself. She was admittedly annoyed at how she was attracted to his voice. She peeked across the table at Dean and noted his Adam's apple, then looked down at his hands.

Strong and capable was the first thought in her head. She blushed at this and looked down at her plate of food. The pink of the strawberry sauce overwhelmed the pancakes but it still tasted good to her. To think of it, she didn't even know they went to get this particular sauce.

'Did Zion tell them I like strawberry sauce?' She wondered. She took a bite of steak. Juicy and well cooked. She snuck a look at Castiel and tried to find something about him she'd like if she wasn't a bit attracted to Dean at the moment. She noted she liked his eye color and his raspy voice.

She looked over at Sam, having no problem in finding what her twin liked about him; it was his sweet demeanor and kind face. Lastly, she looked at Zion, noting his dark hair and firmness of hand. She liked that he was rather serious with few moments of jokes.

"Bree?" A voice broke in her thoughts.

Bree looked up at the source of the voice and said out loud. "God?" A roar of laughter came from Dean and Bree felt her cheeks redden madly. In fact, she felt embarrassed to the point of wanting to cry. Sam has a shocked expression on his face but quickly recovered.

He grasped his brother's shoulders in order to get him to stop but Dean couldn't control it, he was nearly crying in laughter at what she had said. When  he calmed down a bit, tears was already streaming down his face. "Y-You think I'm God? Hey, lady—if you think I'm God, I'm sorry to say I'd do a lot better for the apocalypse!" He choked out, still trying hard not to laugh.

Zion looked worriedly at Bree. "Are you okay?" He asked her quietly. He went to gently touch her shoulder but Bree got up quickly and left the table, the chair she sat down on had fallen to the floor. Castiel picked it up while Dean had finally wiped his tears away. "Aw, shit, now she's mad at me again." He said. "Like always," the three men said in unison.

At this, Dean's face became somber. "Ah, come on, sure she isn't really that mad?" He said out loud. He looked to the bedroom where Bree had went to, closing the door behind her. Sam said nothing but looked on worriedly at his brother. Zion muttered something under his breath that sounded like "idiot," Cas merely wondered when Dean was going to apologize.

Sam got up from the table and began putting away the dishes and leftovers with Zion. Dean stood up from the table and leaned on the wall of the living room. "Dean..." Cas said, walking up to him. Dean looked at him. "Yeah, Cas?" He said. "When Jimmy Novak was married, he'd bring flowers to his wife. Might I suggest that to you?" He said.

Dean facepalmed himself at this. They weren't married at all, much less boyfriend and girlfriend, or anything. Dean sighed to himself. He thought he was making progress with Bree. They were going to try to put it behind them... at least that's what he thought since he was her best chance at not being dead.

"Don't worry, Cas. I'll... uh... I'll think of something." He said with a weak smile. Cas nodded and froze in his steps. "I have to go now. I'll be back soon." He said. Dean acknowledged this and watched as Cas disappeared. He then started towards the bedroom. He was going to knock but paused because he could hear her speaking.

Straining a bit to hear her, he heard her say "—I know, but I still hate him. I can't anymore with Dean Winchester. He's so dumb." At that, Dean's heart fell a bit. He didn't expect that from her—at least now since he thought they could put aside their differences and get through this together.