chapter 12

Bree had left the bushes in despair for she had been through a hell of day, in fact, she was walking along side of the street when a blue BMW drove up behind her, feeling and hearing the vibrations of the engine from the sidewalk, Bree struggled to breathe. She was hoping to God Almighty that it wasn't the brothers.

Turning slightly to see out of the corner of her eye, she could see that it was not the impala and the car was being driven by a dark haired man with sunglasses. 'Wait... sunglasses?" She thought, as she turned back facing forward. "That's not good." Bree  murmured to herself. "Bree!" The man called, getting out of the car.

As he took off his aforementioned sunglasses, Bree's mouth opened in shock as she stared into his eyes—which were an unusual light gold color—running up to him to deal him a kick, the man blocked her and grabbed her foot. "What the fuck?!" She screamed at him. She moved her foot away from him and went to hit him with her left fist, she knew it wouldn't hurt as much as her right but it would still be a blow.

She wanted to hurt him and feel his skin under hers as her rage came out, blocking her every move with ease, the man couldn't help but be bemused by her and yet feeling that tinge of regret that he felt when he disappeared on her. He didn't want to leave her, he had to; her fate was intertwined with someone he knew would treat her better than how the world treated her.

It was soon coming if she hadn't met him already. Bree was going to be in a big battle morally and physically, she just didn't know it yet. "Why did you do this to me?!" She cried aloud, breaking him out of his thoughts. "Answer me, Zion!" She said, not caring of tears were slipping out of her eyes as she tried to hit him.

At that, Zion let down his guard and let her hit him across the face with her fist, blood spurted out of his nose down to his chin while a bruise formed on his cheek. Zion has forgotten that he was human now and could feel pain now, he had fallen again to be a human, once before for Mel, twice now for Bree. "I needed to find you..." He answered her in a soft voice.

Bree could only stare at him tearfully in silence, her face was becoming red. "You found me," She said in a near monotone. "You found me too late..." She admitted. "What happened to you while I was gone?" Zion asked her, getting up from the ground. He grimaced as he briefly touched the bridge of his nose in attempt to stop the nosebleed. Unfortunately, it wasn't working.

"Why should you care, Zion?" Bree muttered bitterly under her breath. Her expression was changing to that of a woman drowning in sadness to that of a woman who was hellbent on revenge. As quick as that happened, Bree turned on her foot and was walking away from him. Zion has no choice but to chase after her.

"Bree , wait!" Zion shouted, his dark clothes were nearly impeding him of the right pace to catch up to her. Hell, she walked a lot quicker than how she did before or he was getting slow in this human body. "Bree, hold on!" He shouted once more. He caught up to her and nearly grabbed her arm to stop her but she wasn't having it.

In her attempt to move away from him, she turned towards him and her back was to the road, moving away from him. Zion was calling her name to make her stop moving backwards to come to him instead of the road but it was too late, the mini van that was being driven (didn't for a second pay attention) had hit Bree and her body flew across the road.