Chapter 33

"Who are you?" She asked him as soon as she felt his aura. It was so different from the Angels and the Humans, she knew that he was danger—no, scratch that, is danger. "I'm Dan." He answered her. She picked her head up from her hands and wiped away her tears. She was embarrassed now but on a lesser scale. Crying was natural, at least now, it is.

"Dan who?" She asked him, looking over at him. He sat in the chipped brown rocking chair facing the door. The man before her was an average man of an average height but the aura emanating from him spoke of demon possession. He must've done something in his past life to have an existence like that.

"Just Dan. Dan and nothing else." He said. He gave no answer and it gave Bree chills, as if he really were nothing in his past life. "What are you doing with the Winchesters?" He asked her. "We're hiding from you, well, at least I'm supposed to be." She replied. "Why are you here?" She asked him.

Dan gave no answer. "Why are you here?" He asked her. Bree gave no answer as well. "Which Winchester is giving you the most hassle?" He asked her a moment later. She shrugged her shoulders, a feeling of sadness still lingered in her along with a small scathing hatred.

"Dean." She admitted, shaking visibly. "He's—He's so aggravating—I know, but I still hate him. I can't anymore with Dean Winchester. He's so dumb." She said, she regretted it as soon as it slipped out of her mouth but it was true, some small part of her admitted that.

She sighed aloud. She was looking at a corner of the room where the black suited man sat in the rocking chair. He rocked it slightly. "Mr. Crowley wants to know why you haven't signed the contract yet. Surely, you want your sister back?" He said in a smooth voice.

"I do, but did he have to make the soul be a puppy? She's really adorable and Sam named her Mel." She questioned. The man in the suit shrugged his shoulders slightly. "Crowley's rules, I'm just his messenger. You can choose to exchange the dog's soul for Dean's." He said.

Bree looked down at herself from where she sat on the bed. She could choose to, she just wouldn't know what Sam would do to her if he knew. If he knew, she'd be forever lost from his good graces. "I'll think on it," she replied after some time. She looked up to look at the suited demon but he was gone.

On the rocking chair was a note. Bree got up from the bed and went slowly walking over to the chair, her breath uneasy. On it was scribbled two weeks... sign it or else. Bree let go of the breath she was holding in. She didn't realize that she was rewarded with four more days. Did the demons know something she didn't about the arrangement?

She picked it up and ripped it to tiny pieces and opened the one window in the room, and threw it out into the street. She sat down on the bed and began to think about what she wanted to do when the door was knocked on. "Come in," She said, her voice hoarse as if she had been yelling. It was strange because a few moments before she was talking to the demon.

She was going to question why would Crowley bring in a demon to contact her when Dean opened the door. "Hey," He greeted. She looked up at him. "Hi." She muttered, not really in the mood. She wanted to be alone with her thoughts right now, not dealing with an apologetic Dean. "Look—I, uh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to laugh at you, I didn't know you were lost in thought, you were looking at me and I—"

"Looking at you?" Bree interjected, looking surprised. Dean was taken aback by her response but said nothing. He did want to tell her that she was staring at him a bit. And that he wanted to figure out why when she had responded the way she did with the God bit. It seemed... a bit... surprising.

"I, I just wanna say I'm sorry." He finished lamely. "Um... it's—I accept your apology, Dean." She replied. 'I was looking at him the whole time?' She thought. "So, yeah, lunch will be made soonish." He said fruitlessly. Bree was lost in her thoughts, not hearing him.

She got up from the bed and walked past him, she had other things on her mind. Dean looked on as she walked into the living room and sighed to himself, following after her, closing the door behind him. She and he had forgotten the window was open. A certain creature crawled in.