chapter 7

Bree had placed the eggs and bacon into a plate when out of the corner of her eye she saw a hand move to get the coffee pot. She had let out a scream before seeing that the hand was the hand of Dean Winchester. He looked at her, his green eyes no longer sleepy but now alert and his face held a bewildered expression.

"Damn, I knew I looked questionable in the morning but no need to scream." He retorted. Bree didn't catch his words and asked him to repeat himself, just as he was about to by mouth, he remembered that she needed sign language from him so he simply signed what he said.

"Sorry..." She said sheepishly as she held her plate of food and looked down at the floor momentarily. The whole scene of it gave Dean a sort of endearing tug at his heart while she got her fork and coffee and moved it to the table. Dean stood there for a moment looking at her before turning to make coffee.

When he finished having his coffee placed in the mug, he grabbed his meal and sat down across from her at the table. She ate her food quite slowly, so unlike how she used to do in the past. Dean wanted to ask her a question, a question about anything really but couldn't fathom how to do it.

In fact, she was nearly done when he blurted out, "How was last night?" He hoped to God he didn't sound like an asshat like Cas likes to say to call names on people. Bree slowly turned her head up to look at him from her plate. "It was okay, I..." She signed.

"I... slept okay." She signed after she paused for a moment. "I was gonna bring you dinner but I had other plans when I left." Dean admitted after feeling a bit guilty that he didn't do what he intended. "Tacos?" She asked, signing. "Burgers..." Dean shyly answered. "I don't like burgers anymore..." Bree said.

"Why not?" Dean asked her, feeling a little heated. He felt like he wanted to know if the answer to her stopping something she did was because of him and how he failed. He felt as if he could get angry again and he liked it, the only problem is that he wouldn't know how he was going to vent it. "Because... eating a burger reminds me of you and I don't know if I want to deal with that anymore than I have to..." she hissed in reply.

Bree's dark brown eyes narrowed at him as he he stood up, his eyes glinting in the sun as he glared down at her. "Why, am I that bad of an embarrassment? Am I that bad of a person that you longer trust me?" He nearly shouted at her. Shannel's lips turned into something of a cruel smirk as she looked at him.

"To me, you are. I don't care how much Sam tries to cover up your failures for not saving her or anyone else. If anything, I feel you deserve my hostility right now because you look like the type of man who would take it. If your dad was here, he'd ask you to jump, you'd say how high." She replied back in anger.

"And so would you...If she was here, your mom. You'd do anything to keep her happy as long as Melanie was alive... Oh wait, you did." Dean retorted. Bree felt as if she had been stunned by his words so just to make sure he wouldn't have the last word, she slammed her palm into the table and stood up.

"Shut the fuck up, Winchester!" She yelled as she ran up to him. Defending himself, Dean grabbed her by the hips and held her up by his shoulder, her legs dangling in the air as she was met by the sight of his lower back. "Don't even dare..." Dean hissed at her. "If you do, I'll spank you..."

Bree's eyes widened at that and her heart began to pound, and for a split second, it seemed heat was making its way to her lower regions. She knows she heard him correctly yet she couldn't believe it. She was wondering if he even registered what he said while he was taking her to the living room.