Chapter 2: Familiar and Melting a Frozen Heart

The room was tense and silent, and no one dared to make a move. Rias and Sona were both on guard as well. But both of them were smart enough that they knew not to fight here, so theydecided to use words instead.

Rias: Back up a second, you knew that we were devils?

You nodded.

Rias: You are also saying that you are a devil as well?

You nodded again.

Akeno: But I don't sense any magic from you.

Y/N: Oh, my family doesn't use magic we use cursed energy instead, we can only use a minimal amount of magic.

Rias and her peerage had wide eyes as they looked at you in shock.

The only people who didn't seem all that shocked by the revelation were Sona and yourself. The others were either shocked or too confused to know what was going on.

Issei: Does anyone want to fill in for the rest of us?

Rias sat back down and got a little more serious.

Rias: As I hope you all know the 72 Pillars were the 72 most powerful devil families before the Great War wiped most of them out, the first family to get wiped out on the front lines were the Gojo family. Since they spent most of their time in the human world they were not as accustomed to the underworld as the rest of the devil families.

Asia: Uhhh... why would a devil family live in the human realm?

Sona: Thousands of years ago the Gojo family was tasked with protecting the human realm from curses, since curses are born in the human realm, they were tasked with exorcising them before they could make their way to the underworld. I have never met a Gojo family member, I have only heard stories, and even the stories are full of holes.

???: Then what the hell are you doing here?

You looked over to a blonde boy who was narrowing his eyes at you. You just sighed and walked around and sat down once again.

Sona: Saji, don't be rude, you may not like it, but he is a noble devil.

You waved your hand at Sona.

Y/N: I have been isolated most of my life, my parents wanted me to be kept safe, so I remained in my family castle until they requested that I gather a peerage and rebuild our destroyed family. So, I am here to gather a peerage, and maybe make some friends.

Issei: Make some friends... what are we in kindergarten?

Y/N: Funny, I thought the same thing when I looked at you.

He gritted his teeth a little while everyone giggled.

Sona: So, you are not hostile?

Y/N: I give you my word, all I want to do is help. I swear it on the Gojo name.

Rias and Sona widened their eyes.

Sona: (A very serious claim.)

Rias: I see, well we will take all the help we can get.

Sona nodded which caused both Issei and Saji to narrow their eyes at you.

Sona: You said that you are here to collect a peerage? How far are you?

Y/N: I have a queen, a knight, and a bishop.

Rias: If you have a queen then shouldn't she be here?

Y/N: Under normal circumstances yes, although she is too old to go to school and I don't think that this is a formal meeting.