Chapter 58: The Sea of Loneliness

A/N: Fuck this chapter, fuck this book, I'm out...

Under the unyielding midday sun in Fuyuki, the tranquility of the day was abruptly shattered as Kyouka materialized out of thin air, right in the middle of the street.

She put her hands in her trench coat pockets and looked around while spreading her senses throughout the entire cityscape.

Kyouka: Just as I thought... nothing. There's no one.

She strolled down the desolate streets, absorbing the eerie sights of the abandoned city. Cars stood motionless, their owners long vanished. With another flicker, she reappeared farther from the castle, her destination now set on Kuoh.

After a short journey, she materialized in the heart of Kuoh, which mirrored the ghostly stillness of Fuyuki. The emptiness seemed pervasive, leaving her to wonder if this desolation stretched across the entire planet, devoid of life, both human and animal alike.

Kyouka: So I was right then...

With that thought she once again vanished in thin air and ventured back to the castle to tell you what she had found, or not found.

She took her time and made sure to take in the sights of the world once more, it had been so long since she had been able to step on the grass, smell the forest breeze. She wanted to enjoy it for a little bit longer.

But unfortunately for her she arrived back at the castle's entrance much quicker than she hoped, initiating a sigh from her mouth before entering.

Kyouka: Yo, Kid, I'm back.

She looked around but didn't see you on the couch, where you were when she left. She walked forwards just a bit until a brilliant smell pierced her nose.

She quickly followed after the scent, which led her into the kitchen where you were making food.

Y/N: What did you find?

She pouted when you were straight down to business but approached you from behind and then leaned her back onto the countertop of the kitchen.

Kyouka: Nothing.

You brought a small plate to your mouth to check the taste of the sauce you were making and when it touched your lips you almost passed out from pure pleasure.

You hadn't eaten anything decent in years, finally you could cook your own food, you weren't about to waste it. You weren't even hungry, but you wanted to eat.

Y/N: So you found nothing?

Kyouka: Yeah, and when I say nothing, I mean... nothing. Not a single person in Fuyuki, or in Kuoh. They're both ghost towns.

You nodded slightly as Kyouka turned to face you with a raised eyebrow.

Kyouka: (Hmm, he's oddly calm. I thought for sure he'd-)

You clenched the small plate in your hand and crushed it, sending glass shards into your skin and blood dripping down your hand.

Kyouka: (Never mind...)

Y/N: Fuck!! What the hell am I supposed to do!! Huh!!

You spread your arms in a confused rage as you looked at her.

Y/N: What kind of suffering am I supposed to go through now?! Does it want me to jump to my death a thousand times! Or maybe my lovers show up one by one and kill me?! Or maybe this time the Gojo family will take a crack at me, maybe it'll make me kill the children!

You slammed your fists down onto the marble counter cracking it.

Y/N: I just want to go home...

You were on the verge of tears yet again when you felt soft warm hands cup your cheeks and force your head to look up.