Chapter 25: Home Sweet Hero Faction

A/N: So this was supposed to be the last chapter in the batch, but i'm going to have to write one more to end all of the arcs haha.

Anyway, please enjoy!!

The moon beamed it's light down onto you as Mordred stared at you with a face you couldn't quite distinguish.

It was also rather hard to read her emotions at the moment, you felt rage and anger, but also confusion, love, and longing.

Mordred: Who are you?

Her sudden question caught you off guard, but you put your hands in your pockets and stared back at her.

Y/N: You already know my name... I am a devil, Head to the Gojo household.

She seemed to accept your answer at face value.

Mordred: Tell me everything.

You nodded and then proceeded to tell her everything, every single detail since you had summoned Artoria into this world. Her facial expression didn't change a single time, she truly listened to every single detail without saying a word. She never once interrupted you.

After your explanation there was a while where neither of you said a word. She put her hands in her pockets and then looked up towards your blindfolded face.

Mordred: I don't trust you.

You nodded.

Y/N: I understand that, but I love your mother, or father, whatever you wish to call her... more than anything. I don't wish you nor her any harm.

There was silence again but Mordred had a curious expression on her face, as if the words you used were confusing to her

Mordred: What is that?

You raised an eyebrow in confusion.

Y/N: What is what?

She looked up at you.

Mordred: Love...

Now that was certainly a question that you didn't expect. In fact it caught you so off guard that you didn't even know how to respond right away but you tried your best regardless.

Y/N: It's impossible to describe love with mere words Mordred... love is the most powerful and purest form of positive emotion.

Mordred: Like, the opposite of hate?

You shook your head.

Y/N: No, the opposite of love would be indifference... you, more than anyone should know how much indifference can hurt.

You heard the sound of her teeth grind together for about a second before it was gone.

Y/N: Love is a willingness to prioritize another's well being or happiness above your own... that's the best description that I can give.

Mordred started to walk around in a circle around you. She checked you up and down as if assessing you.

Mordred: What could possibly have made Mother choose you as a lover... you do not seem like much.

You chuckled causing her to stop in front of you yet again.

Y/N: I'm afraid that even I do not know why Artoria chose me... that is a question you will have to ask her yourself. However...

Mordred looked at you with narrowed eyes as she took her hands out of her pockets.

Y/N: Let us be honest with ourselves, talking isn't really your style is it... Mordred.