Chapter 56: The Sea of Life

A/N: Yeah, i don't know what part of me thought i could do this in one chapter, i must be some sort of dumbass lol.

Also, i wanted to make something clear so that people don't get the wrong idea. Yes, the power up that the MC will get does originate from Fate. NO it will not replace cursed energy. this is a JJK story, the Main Characters primary form of attack WILL ALWAYS BE CURSED ENERGY AND TECHNIQUES.

You will still be a Gojo, still have Infinity, and the six eyes, nothing about that will change. You'll just be... well, kinda broken.

Anyway, 2 and half chapters of suffering, hope you like it.

The night draped the world in a shroud of darkness, the moon suspended in the sky like a pale gem. Within the castle, a palpable sense of horror and despair lingered, suffusing every stone and passageway.

It was as if eons of suffering and agony had become a living entity, pulsating through the ancient walls. The pain, so profound, surged with such intensity that it breached the confines of the castle, clawing at the very exterior, a corrosive force consuming it from within.

Inside the crumbling fortress Mordred and Artoria moved with swift determination. They raced through the castle, forcefully breaking down doors and urgently throwing the slumbering inhabitants out the windows and to safety.

In only minutes, the two knights had evacuated the entire castle, leaving only them.

Both Artoria and Mordred rushed out into the front yard. Once there, the knights gasped for air, their bodies drenched in sweat. It wasn't from exertion or heat, but rather from an overwhelming sense of dread. Fear clawed at them, a sensation entirely foreign to both, something they hadn't encountered in all their years of existence.

They braced themselves for a barrage of questions or even curses for their forceful actions against the inhabitants of the castle. But instead, a suffocating silence met them.

The knights looked up from their crouched positions and noticed the Yokai of the group had their tails drooped low, their ears quivering in terror. Ahri clung tightly to her mother's hand, their gazes fixed on the castle.

Slowly, Artoria and Mordred pivoted to face the looming structure, watching as it was consumed by the encroaching darkness.

The ominous blend of black and red mud relentlessly gnawed at the castle's once-mighty structure, eroding its foundations, causing it to gradually sink into the earth. As the mud's voracious appetite consumed most of the castle, the heart of the fortress folded inward, prompting the upper half to crash down onto the lower, reducing the grand edifice to a heap of rubble below.

The group hastily shielded their faces, using their arms as a barrier against the billowing dust that threatened to obscure their vision. The resounding thunder of the castle's demise stirred the nearby slumbering Gojo clan, their senses jolted awake by the seismic event just a stone's throw away.

Emerging from their dwellings, a multitude of white-haired individuals rushed to investigate the source of their abrupt awakening. Their eyes widened in disbelief as they beheld the wreckage that remained of their once-imposing stronghold. A castle that had steadfastly endured for over five centuries now lay in ruins.

Urgency gripped the women, who swiftly gathered their children, cradling them protectively in their arms. Spotting your peerage standing on the periphery, they wasted no time in joining the group, seeking safety and solace amid the chaos.

A heavy silence settled over the group once more, its weight almost palpable. Then, a solitary inquiry shattered the quietude. It was a simple question, yet it sent waves of fear rippling through each person present.