Chapter 34: One Down

A/N: Andddd I'm back, this one was a real quick chapter since there was so much going on, including a massive fight scene lol. Anyway if you are reading this there is a small trigger warning at the end of this chapter, i have labeled it so if you are sensitive you can skip it, although it is important to the story.

Anyway i hope you all enjoy this chapter as it segway's into the final arc of this book :) love you all.

A couple of days had passed since you and your peerage had moved into the castle. Training had continued like normal with the girls making slow, but steady progress.

Mordred in particular was extremely motivated to train, now that she had a way to protect her mother as opposed to the other way around.

Patrols had gone on without so much as a hitch, you had not found anything other than simple grade 4's and 3's all around the borders of Fuyuki and a lot residing inside the city as well.

The one issue that you had come across was that mysterious magical power spread over the entire city, for some reason it put you on edge, and you could have sworn you had felt it before, somewhere, you just couldn't remember, and it was irritating.

It may have been lucky, or perhaps unlucky that you hadn't run into a single special grade curse yet, what could they possibly be doing, and where.

It was also hard for you to believe that there weren't higher grade curses around either, it was only your intuition, but the curses that you had come across so far were probably just fodder, curses that had no real use to this mysterious mastermind.

You were doing your job and exorcising every curse you came across, but you still had to stop the person, or thing that was actually turning people into curses, but you had no leads as to where, or who they even where.

Kyouka had her suspicions but it was hard for you to believe that a Gojo member, once tasked with protecting the world from curses would go out of their way to create the one thing they were once meant to destroy.

But sadly, it also made a whole lot of sense.

The cold air bit against the back of your neck as leaves littered the grass around you. It was apparent to you that fall was ending and soon winter would be upon you. You picked up a couple of the fallen, orange-coloured leaves and then allowed the wind to sweep them out of your hand and into the distance.

Y/N: The world seems so tranquil... at least to the ignorant.

Kyouka: You sure you have time to be lost in thought kid...

You sighed.

Y/N: No... I don't, but we have been scouting Fuyuki for a week and found nothing... not a single special grade curse.

Kyouka: Did you really believe that it would be that easy? You're either stupid, or just impatient.

You chuckled.

Y/N: Maybe I'm both.

Kyouka: You can say that again.

There was a small silence before you were interrupted by a couple of your pawns.

Evelynn: Darling? What are you doing way out here?

You turned your head to look at the three assassins.

Y/N: Eve... just thinking about stuff... you guys going out?

Akali: Yup, it's our turn on patrol.

You smiled as you stood up and wiped the grass off your body.