Chapter 23: Long Awaited Reunion

A/N: Okay second chapter in the batch, and a massive lore dump for you guys. I know the Fate lore pretty well and i know that what i wrote isn't actually what happens, but i tried to be as close to canon lore as possible.

I did have to make small changes so that everything could fit as best as possible.

Mordred was always my favorite fate character, i love everything about her so i am going to try to be as accurate as possible when writing her

Anyway, please enjoy!!

The feeling in your gut was all too familiar as you had felt it multiple times before. More precisely when you had first starting learning teleportation.

You could feel nothing around you, even Artoria and Tiamat where nowhere to be found within your senses.

Then all of the sudden the light around you got brighter for an instant and then disappeared all together as you landed on your feet.

You stumbled a little bit, and it took you a couple of seconds to get your bearings but eventually you exhaled and then stood up straight.

You could sense both Tiamat and Artoria right next to you.

You felt a beautiful warm breeze fly past your face and the smell in the air was new and different.

Y/N: Did we make it?

Tiamat: I believe so...

You smiled and then looked at your blonde lover who hadn't spoken yet, only to lose your smile at her facial expression.

She looked torn and in pain as she gazed at the ground.

You followed her gaze where it landed on the ground, you could see the distinct markings of a rectangle made out of concrete and the grass that filled it in was brimming with beautiful flowers.

The grass that covered the rest of the area was barren of any flowers.

A small sign stuck out of the ground. You took your blindfold off and in large golden letters at the top read "His Majesty, King Arthur Pendragon I."

You cast your eyes in her direction.

Y/N: Artoria...

She inhaled and looked around at what seemed to be the inside of a torn down castle.

Artoria: This was my home once upon a time...

You and Tiamat didn't bother speaking.

Artoria: I don't think I was the best king, I ruled with logic and not emotion, I did whatever I could for the people of these lands... but in doing so I buried my emotions away.

She looked at you with a smile.

Artoria: My knights all distanced themselves from me...

She sighed and closed her eyes.