Chapter 50: Double Date

A/N: Okay last one for this batch, after this is war prep and then the final war event :)

Have fun!!

Grayfia, like most days, was awake much earlier than the sun was. She loved cleaning, cooking, and serving you. It was a job that she took pride in, despite what others may believe.

She had just finished cleaning the living room and dining room and had already begun getting breakfast ready. Cooking food for twenty plus people was taxing, but she enjoyed it.

She also enjoyed the silence that wafted through the castle in the early morning, she was able to focus on her job in peace, without the arguing of her fellow peerage members. Not to say that she didn't enjoy their arguing as well.

She carefully put the top on the massive pot of stew that was simmering in the kitchen and then walked into the living room and did her last thorough check to make sure everything was clean for when you woke up.

She nodded to herself after checking the last area and then stood in the center of the room, admiring her work.

The peace and quiet that she loved so much was abruptly interrupted by the sounds of footsteps coming from the hall.

Artoria: Grayfia, good morning, up early as always.

Like Grayfia, Artoria was always awake earlier than you were, a habit she picked up after you were almost slain in your sleep over half a year ago.

Grayfia: Good morning to you as well. No morning sickness?

Artoria: Thankfully no, though I cannot say the same for Medusa...

Grayfia nodded her head in understanding. Medusa had been throwing up constantly every single morning and Shoko was only able to do so much to help her.

Grayfia: It seems that even the gods can get sick.

Artoria walked past Grayfia and took a seat on the couch. She sat with elegance and grace befitting her noble status.

Artoria: Be that as it may, I do not believe that she cares all that much. I think she is too happy at just being pregnant to care about the consequences.

Grayfia only replied with a soft chuckle and smirk towards the golden-haired woman.

Grayfia: You act as if you aren't happy.

Artoria blushed slightly and caressed her abdomen.

Artoria: I have never been so happy, I can hardly wait. The one thing that I am unhappy about is that I may need to abandon you all on the battlefield.

Grayfia: Do not feel bad, I imagine that if you refused to leave, Y/N would force you away... the babies that you and Medusa are carrying, are far more important to him than any of us.

She nodded her head in understanding.

Artoria: They aren't even here yet... and I already love them.

Grayfia: I have to admit, I am rather jealous...

Artoria looked up at her with a sympathetic gaze, but Grayfia was quick to wave her hand dismissively.

Grayfia: Please, save your sympathy. I will give birth one day... I know I will. That is enough for me.

Artoria: If you say so, then I will no longer speak on the matter.

As the conversation petered out Grayfia and Artoria both sat in a comfortable silence and waited for the rest of the castle to awaken.