Chapter 55: Nightmares

A/N: Sorry about the late upload, took me a little longer to edit this chapter so. Anyway, pretty much right after the next chapter is war and then the end. 

Please enjoy. 

You and Tiamat walked back to the castle in relative silence. Since her true identity was revealed to you she found herself terrified that you would distance yourself or beg her for power that she didn't want to give.

However, that wasn't the case. She was sure that even if she denied you until you took your last breath, you would feel only love for her.

She had never known such feelings, she never allowed herself to feel such happiness. But there was a problem, a problem that she had to deal with on her own. Now that she had felt such happiness, she never wanted to let it go.

She would do everything in her limited power to selfishly hold on to the happiness she had found.

The sound of metal clashing together rang into her ears as she walked into the ward with you a couple of paces ahead of her.

She stared at your back as you stopped and looked over in the direction of the training grounds. A serene smile took over your face.

Y/N: It's almost over. I hope after all this is done, we can all live happily.

Tiamat stopped behind you and followed your gaze where she saw Artoria sparing with multiple members of both the Gojo household and your peerage alike.

Tiamat: What will you do once everything is over?

You turned around to face her.

Y/N: I don't know... I'm hoping I can hold my wives' hands as they give birth, and focus on raising the next generation. When my children surpass us, there will be no need for me any longer. I will protect the world from a distance and keep watch. That is my duty.

You chuckled at yourself and then walked towards the entrance and away from Tiamat.

Y/N: Pretty corny isn't it...?

She didn't answer as you opened the castle doors and walked away from her.

The moment you disappeared into the castle, Tiamat felt a single, powerful beat in her chest. She staggered forward, a hand pressed tightly against her heart. Her blood red eyes blazed to life, as the Sea inside of her fought to be released.

She sank to one knee, and grinded her teeth together as a dark, viscous substance oozed forth from beneath her feet, a mixture of red and black mud that seemed to defy any source of light, like staring into the void itself. It crawled and spread, enveloping the ground around her.

Tiamat: (No... not yet, give me a little more time... please.)

As the Sea of Life slowly creeped out, threatening to drown her once more, suddenly, it began to calm. Her eyes, once ablaze with a fiery red, flickered and dimmed, returning to their usual state.

The red and black mud, which had spread out like a malevolent tide, seemed to respond to her words. Slowly, almost reluctantly, it began to retract back into her and the ground, once tainted, returned to a semblance of normalcy.

Tiamat: (Forget losing him, if I don't become whole... I may just end up doing it myself. I should never have used my power back there. I've been a fool...)

Meanwhile, after entering the castle you walked into the living room where you found Sakura and Rider unharmed on the couches there. They were accompanied by Shirou, Rin, and Saber.

Shirou: I'm glad you're safe Sakura, I tried to leave as soon as I heard you were in danger but-

Y/N: I cannot have your stupid antics jeopardize my plan, I hope you understand that Shirou.