Chapter 62: Gilgamesh

You stood at the forefront, your peerage positioned behind you to the right, and the Gojo's to the left, your gaze locked on Gilgamesh.

The effect of your last words was evident, his face contorted in anger.

Y/N: Mother...

Ichika shifted her eyes towards you while still facing Gilgamesh, ensuring she wouldn't let her guard down.

Y/N: We're heading north. I'll engage Gilgamesh while you lead my peerage and the other Gojo's north as fast as possible.

She might have questioned you if not for the urgency in your eyes, fixed on Gilgamesh.

Y/N: Mother!

Ichika jolted, then nodded in understanding.

Ichika: Okay...

Suddenly, silence enveloped them. The bustling capital, teeming with hundreds of thousands of devils earlier, now lay still, a deserted city with shattered homes and a gaping hole at its center.

The wind rushed past you, your foot making a subtle pivot, and then chaos erupted in an instant.

Fortunately for you, Gilgamesh's arrogance led him to underestimate you, a mistake he would pay for dearly.

Before he could summon a single weapon, his body lurched forward, blood pouring from his mouth and staining the ground beneath him.

The sound barrier shattered as his body hurtled into the distance, displacing the air around him.

Moments later, a colossal impact rocked a mountain far in the distance outside the capital.

Y/N: Now! Go! All of you, head north. He's coming, I can sense him!

They all flinched in shock at the volume of your voice but promptly followed your command and began sprinting toward the north. Even Shirou's group joined them, perhaps not the wisest choice, but Saber and Rider would keep their masters safe, for now.

Y/N: Looks like this is going to be a three-way finale.

Another explosion emanated from the same mountain Gilgamesh had been sent hurtling into. You swiftly appeared in front of the mountain and watched him haul himself out of the immense crater his body had created.

Gilgamesh: Impossible... a mere mongrel like you.

Y/N: Don't sell yourself short. Just surviving that punch is impressive enough.

He wrenched his arms free from the mountain, rubble flying toward you, only to crack and shatter against your infinity.

Then, he forcibly extracted his entire body from the mountain and stood before you. You looked down at him.

Y/N: Shall we continue?

In an instant, akin to two gods colliding, the entire Underworld trembled. You and Gilgamesh clashed, streaks of light ricocheting above the ruined capital.

Both of you moved so swiftly that no one could even track you.

Gilgamesh extended his arms, over a hundred portals springing open above him, and various weapons hurtled out toward you, faster than before.

Yet, they still fell short of touching you, as you gracefully dodged them. The weapons rained down over the capital, striking the ground with enough force to obliterate what remained of the area.

Y/N: You're a one-trick pony, Gilgamesh. You've never truly trained, never pushed yourself... You're a fake.

You snapped your fingers, and thousands of red techniques materialized above you, hurtling toward him as you both streaked through the air.