Chapter 54: A Glimpse Into The Darkness

A/N: Yo, what's up I'm back. Only two chapters this time because the next couple will pretty much be the end and i want to take my sweet time with them. Plus i need to take my time with chapter 56. I don't think I'm very good at making painful scenes and that one is FULL of them, so i have to write it carefully. If i don't cry then it isn't good enough.

Anyway we are inching closer, so close to the last chapter. The ending is already all planned out. I hope your as excited as i am :)

Your room was bathed in the soft, silvery glow of the moon, it casted long, ethereal shadows across the floor. As the light spilled through the window it shone off your bare back as you sat on the edge of the bed in quiet contemplation.

Your arms rested on your thighs as you thought about what to do. Things were happening so fast that it was giving you whiplash.

Y/N: How much time do I have left... I don't even know anymore.

You stood up off the bed, for once it was empty, just you and your thoughts to keep you company.

Y/N: What do you think...?

You asked seemingly no one as you stared at yourself in the mirror.

Kyouka: I don't know what to think anymore. That man, he's not my brother anymore.

You walked towards the dresser and rested your hands on the edges and looked down.

Y/N: Actually... I think he may still be in there.

Kyouka: Huh?

Y/N: I've been giving it a lot of thought lately, what in the world could his wish be, why would he do all of this just for a single wish. Is he going to wish for his lover back? Or maybe he wants to bring you back to life, or maybe even get his revenge on all devil kind.

Kyouka: Well, it could be any of them I guess, though I doubt he would try and bring me back.

She let out a nervous laugh that made your spine shiver.

Y/N: Then I remembered what you said to me, about your father. Akira had a long time to accept the death of his lover. I'm not saying that he got over it, I'm just saying that maybe it opened his eyes.

Kyouka: What are you trying to say?

You shook your head.

Y/N: It's nothing... I'm just tired.

You sighed as Kyouka raised a confused eyebrow on where you were taking your line of thinking but decided to just let you do whatever you wanted.

You opened the dresser you were leaning against and quickly got dressed into some clothes and left the room.

You walked silently through the castle so as not to wake anyone up, they deserved to rest, that much was for certain.

Eventually you made your way out the front entrance and outside into the training grounds. The soft night air swept through your hair as you looked up at the moon.

You released a much-needed exhale and then turned away from the stars and dropped into a fighting stance.

You punched at the air, the pressure causing your hair to fly back in the process, then you went on to attack an imaginary enemy in front of you.

With each strike the air around you trembled, unable to contain the force of your blows. Your body moved with grace, proof of the mastery you held over your own physicality.

As you released one final punch the wind responded in kind, swirling around you and engulfed you in a tempestuous embrace. You exhaled and stood back up straight and lowered your arms.