Chapter 31: The Assassin and Lioness

A/N: Alrighty, back again with two chapters, finally the peerage will be full and i can move on. 

I want to say that there are probably about 20 chapters left till the end, but that's a rough estimation.

Anyway i hope you all enjoy this chapter and the next one :)

Several days had passed since the meeting with the three factions and the gods. On the surface things seemed rather calm, but you wouldn't let appearances deceive you.

You knew what was really out there, and you didn't take it lightly either.

Every night as you fell asleep Kyouka would pull you into the white room for training, but you had made very little progress so far, it wasn't like anything you had been through, it was almost torturous. But you welcomed it.

Currently all five of the active members of your peerage, plus Xenovia were out on patrol. So far, they had found nothing, and that worried you more than anything.

Your senses only stretched so far, the one silver lining however was that you hadn't felt any in Kuoh, but that also meant that they were somewhere else entirely, the big question, was where, and why?

Kuroka was another matter, she still remained in your room, and while she stayed there you occupied another room as you worked up the courage to speak with Koneko.

Right now though, you would focus on what was right in front of you, that being a rather odd predicament.

Y/N: You wanted to speak to me? Mordred?

Mordred stood at the door to your temporary room surprisingly clad in her armour, as if she was readying for battle. You knew however that she wouldn't attack you, she wouldn't want to anger Artoria after all.

A red glow filled the room as Clarent appeared in front of her. She gripped the hilt of the sword and then lightly brought it down so the tip touched the floor.

She used the sword as a cane of sorts as she got down onto one knee and brought her left hand across her chest and bowed in front of you.

The action itself shocked you more than you cared to admit as you took a step back to give her room.

Mordred: I, Mordred Pendragon, pledge myself and my sword to the service of Y/N Gojo. I will serve as knight and protector, until I shall perish. This is my oath, my promise.

She looked up at you with eyes full of determination.

To your utter surprise it did not look like she was forced into doing this. She wanted to do this, of her own free will, therefore, you had no reason to turn her down.

After you got over your initial shock you brought your hand up in front of you and another flash of red covered the room.

A small red chess piece danced in your hand.

Y/N: I had always planned to give this to you Mordred... even if you hated me, you are a homunculus, meaning that your life is considerably shorter that the rest of us. However, with this, I can make you close to immortal. Even if you didn't want to fight as my knight, spending eternity with your mother is something that I would have gladly given up a knight piece for.

She clenched her sword tighter as she continued to stare at you without saying a single word.

Why? Why would you do that for her, she didn't understand. It gave you nothing. However she already knew the answer, whether she liked it or not her mother was deeply in love with you. But you were also deeply in love with her.