Chapter 59: Third King of The Underworld

A/N: Alright, this is going to be the second last authors note since i wrote all the way to the end, this will be my last update for a while.

Wanted you guys to be able to enjoy the entire finale without having to wait for an update, also without having to scroll past annoying author notes :)

This set of chapters end this story, man what a ride, 7 full chapters all the way to the end. I also had to create portraits for all 24 children as well, plus names.

Couple things to note, some of the fights may be a tad underwhelming, for example if you were hoping for a badass massive fight between the MC and Sukuna, yeahhh sorry, i was on a god damn power trip writing that fight.

I also went a little Chinibyo with some of your peerages cursed techniques. Sorry, not sorry.

Anyway, enjoy the finale, and i'll see you all at the end :)

As the dust settled on the eastern side of the Underworld's capital, fires raged, rapidly consuming the small outer residential district. An eerie silence replaced the cries of life that once echoed there, leaving behind only lifeless bodies of women, children, and men alike.

The streets were strewn with torn-up pavement and houses reduced to burnt rubble. Limbs spread out in pieces along the ground, with some sticking out of large chunks of houses that lay in ruins.

Leading an imposing force of more than a thousand soldiers, Ajuka reached the east residential district that had previously housed well over 10,000 devils. The capital alone harbored at least half of the remaining devil population. Without delay, he swiftly issued a series of commands.

Ajuka: Extinguish those fires at once! Prevent them from spreading any further! Leave the deceased... we... don't have the time to carry them.

They all saluted and swiftly dispersed to carry out their assigned tasks. Several soared into the air, conjuring torrents of water to douse the flames that dotted the landscape.

Ajuka scanned the area for any sign of Akira but found none. He had witnessed him locked in battle with Sirzechs from the ground just moments ago, although their movements were almost too quick to track.

He refrained from calling out to his friend, hoping to remain hidden for as long as possible. However, his efforts were in vain as a series of approaching footsteps and an exuberant voice broke through the silence.

Sairaorg: Lord Beelzebub!

Ajuka flinched at the volume and inwardly sighed as he turned to see several devil families rushing towards him. His eyes went wide in surprise when he saw how many had come... not nearly enough.

Ajuka: (What?! Is this all? Only seven of the houses responded to Sirzechs' summons. Where are the other twenty-five?)

Zekram: Well, this is certainly unprecedented. The 72 pillars haven't been summoned since the great war.

Ajuka: Yes, well, as you can probably tell, this situation is rather unprecedented... We knew war was brewing, but to not even notice until it was already at our doorstep.

He clenched his teeth as several families of devils gathered before him, most of them mere children. He only thought it cruel to call such young devils to this bloodbath. Their individual peerages standing behind them, equipped for battle.

Additionally, every noble devil family boasted their own private army, all of which were present. Over 7,000 soldiers total stood in formation behind the leading families right outside the destroyed eastern gate.