Chapter 7: Attack and Helping the Homeless

The occasional barking of faraway dogs broke the silence of the night as black feathers littered the green grass. A man with a hat opened the door to your house without a sound.

Three others followed him in. With one wave of his hand they quietly made their way up the stairs where they could sense you.

You remained ignorant as Medusa nuzzled into your chest as she slept. You unconsciously gripped her tighter as you both remained in a deep sleep.

The door to her bedroom was opened slowly and when the man saw you, he motioned for the other behind him to enter.

As they entered, the once dark room was illuminated by a sword that was crafted out of light by one of the fallen angels.

He raised the sword right above your chest and then quietly tried to bring it down into your heart.

A small wave of killing intent washed over you in your sleep.

Your eyes snapped open and out of pure instinct alone you hugged Medusa close to you and then rolled off the bed causing her to wake up immediately.

You hugged her close to your chest as you looked over your shoulder. You piercing blue eyes caught the culprits.

Four fallen angels crowded the room.

The fallen steeled their will and then all materialized light swords.

Medusa shook in your arms. The amount of pure rage that you could sense from her was enormous.

You let her go and stood up slowly.

Y/N: You were foolish to come here tonight.

The fallen seethed at you and then one of them screamed and ran at you with sword ready. He brought it down and you dodge last second to allow the momentum of his swing to render him unbalanced. When he turned around you punched him in the chest causing him to fly out of the room and into Evelynn's room across the hall.

Medusa stood up slowly and looked over her shoulder with her eyes shinning. Two of the fallen were foolish enough to look right into them.

They felt something stop inside their bodies and reeled forward as if to gag. They looked down at their feet to see they were being replaced with stone.

They looked back up to see a vision they would only see in nightmares. Medusa's hair flowed behind her erratically and then their arms and torsos were turned to stone with the rest of their bodies following slowly behind.

You were about to walk over to the last one who was shaking while he slowly backed out the room with his eyes closed but when you were about to rip his head off, he was impaled through the chest by a sharp lasher.

The lasher violently reeled back causing blood to fly everywhere and the fallen to look down at his chest for a second before falling to his knees and then going limp and hitting the ground.

Medusa was still pissed so she walked over to the statues she had created and then kicked their heads off and stomped on them. They shattered into pebbled that now littered the floor of her room.

You saw Evelynn walk out of her room in just her thong and bra. You looked over to Medusa who wasn't wearing her blindfold and was still stomping on the shattered heads.

You walked over to her and grabbed her cheeks and forced her head to look at you.

Y/N: It's okay, I'm fine.

She panted a little and then looked into your eyes.

You brought her into a hug.

Y/N: Shhh...