Chapter 57: The Sea of Death

A/N: Alright, Part 2 of the suffering, honestly the next chapter was the hardest for me to write, i wanted to cry the entire time.

Enjoy!

While you grappled with your inner fears within the Sea of Life, a different struggle unfolded outside its confines.

The sun had ascended high in the sky, signifying midday. Your entire peerage was divided into two groups, one huddled together on the ground, providing solace to one another, while the others paced anxiously across the vast, open expanse of grass that once held your majestic castle, but was now submerged beneath an immense sea of ominous black and red mud.

The Gojo's spread out along the edge of the forest, sitting anxiously on the ground. The children didn't know what was happening so they were as cheerful as ever, their parents attempted to match they're attitude so as not to garner suspicion from the young.

A vein bulged on Rumi's forehead as she cast a steely gaze towards the children but almost immediately she received a chop on the head courtesy of Ghislaine.

Ghislaine: Don't Rumi...

The rabbit girl clicked her tongue and turned away from the kids while holding her head, her foot thumping impatiently against the ground.

Ghislaine: We must have faith in him. If we can't even do that much, then we have no right to stand by his side.

With her piece said she retreated away from Rumi and back towards Sarah and Ahri who were both looking after Yasaka's unconscious body.

Rumi wasn't the only one to be peeved at the rambunctious and happy mood of the children behind them. Both Mereoleona and Momoyo were on the verge of killing something.

Momoyo: He better get his ass out here soon, or I'm gonna kill someone.

Mereoleona: For once, we're on the same page.

She tightened her hands into fists as small flames burst from them and then disappeared as they hit the ground.

Behind them Grayfia and Ichika were huddled closely together, giving each other much needed comfort.

Grayfia: It's okay... he'll be fine.

Ichika nodded her head as she leaned into Grayfia's shoulder, her tears had only stopped about an hour ago, and her cheeks were stained from where they had dried.

The group heard another blood curdling scream, but they didn't even turn their heads this time. At least once or twice an hour Evelynn would throw an absolute fit. The one thing that gave them solace is that each bone chilling scream was proof you were alive.

Every agonizing surge of pain gave even Evelynn happiness.

Next to your mother and Grayfia was Maki's team, who looked worried yet unbothered at the same time. Even Maki seemed relatively calm compared to everyone else, but her calmness roused worry from Kasumi, who stole a quick glance in her direction.

Kasumi: Maki... are you sure you're okay?

Maki sighed for what felt like the tenth time that hour.

Maki: I told you, I'm fine. I know Y/N... something like this won't kill him. He won't die... he can't.

She took a shaky exhale and shook her head to rid herself of any sort of doubts she had. Kasumi smiled and slowly rested her hand on Maki's scarred shoulder. Even if she didn't want or need it, she gave her some comfort.

Interrupting everyone's thoughts all at once, the sizable group caught wind of an exuberant voice piercing through the air.

Issei: Yo, what up everyone!! Long time now see!!