Chapter 51: Ouroboros

Quickened footsteps resounded through the dense forest, a symphony of urgency that reverberated with every beat. The once tranquil woods now pulsed with the frenetic energy of every member who had once occupied your castle. Their hurried pace sent vibrations through the earth, leaving an indelible imprint on the land beneath them. Each step was a thunderous echo.

Through the shadowed expanse, they raced, driven by a singular purpose. A large red cloud loomed ominously ahead, a product of the cursed technique that you released into the sky.

Their figures were nothing but blurs to the surrounding area as the trees swayed roughly thanks to the wind they generated in their pursuit.

Mordred: Mother?

Mordred spoke rather softly as she trailed the group from the back with her mother to make sure that the rest of the group would be safe from any surprise attacks.

Artoria: Mordred, do not speak... stay focused.

Mordred: Forgive me, but I must insist that you stay as far away from the battle as possible.

Artoria narrowed her eyes dangerously but didn't turn to look at her daughter.

Artoria: I refuse...

Mordred: Mother-

Artoria: I understand that you fear for your siblings safety, Daughter. You must trust that I will never put them in danger. If I fear for their life then my instinct will force me to run. Even if I have to leave my love behind.

Mordred: You would leave Father behind?

Artoria: For our child... I would. If I chose him over our child... he would never forgive me.

Mordred stared silently at Artoria for a minute before her eyes trailed away and towards the group in front of her as they quickly approached their destination.

Only minutes after the conversation had ended the front of the group all stopped in their tracks prompting the rest of them to halt.

Medusa: We're here...

They perched on the top of a small hill and looked down, but they saw nothing but an open expanse of trees ranging from every size they could conceive.

It was like they had run in a circle and were at the edge of the forest once more.

Kai'sa: Where is Y/N?

Her words spread through the group as they slowly looked around before looking up into the tree next to them.

Blue eyes pierced the veil of darkness around the forest as your eyes bore holes into the castle in front of you.

Mereoleona: Hey! What-

She received a slap in the back of the head courtesy of Grayfia.

Grayfia: Don't be so loud, hot head. He's focusing, we have the wait for the... never mind.

Out of thin air a large group of white-haired individuals appeared next to the already large group of women on the hill.

Aya: What the hell is this?! There's nothing even here.

As soon as she spoke a cold chill shot up her spine as she looked over to Ichika who hadn't moved a single muscle or said a word.

Aya: Never mind...

Finally, the group heard panting coming from behind them as Shirou, Rin, and Saber all came to a stop when they got to the group.

Saber seemed perfectly fine but Shirou and Rin both fell onto their backs and panted irregularly. Rin would have loved to cuss you out but she was too exhausted to even speak, lucky for the rest of the group.