After Story Chapter 2: Family Lesson

A/N: Alright, Chapter 2 of this little fun thing i'm doing while i write other stuff. Man this is such an enjoyable little side series for me to write haha. I'm loving every second of it.

Anyway, enjoy it as much as you like :)

Under the morning sun, casting shadows with its rays on the expansive forest surrounding the school, two white-haired individuals strolled side by side.

Mitsuki: It's about time Y/N did something about those brats of his.

Ren: Well, they aren't all bad...

As they halted in a vast open expanse within the forest, surrounded by trees, Mitsuki turned to face her husband.

Mitsuki: They are naïve and arrogant. Their father is the strongest person in the whole fuckin' universe, and they act like nothing can hurt them.

Ren: From the way he was talking today... he seems, well...

Mitsuki: He's fed up. My guess is he doesn't want to beat it into them himself, so he's getting us to do it for him.

Ren: I guess I understand... I wouldn't want to hurt my kids either.

He scratched his cheek until a bone-breaking slap on the back from his wife interrupted him.

Mitsuki: You're so adorable... c'mon, I bet we can have a quickie right here.

He flinched and his face turned red in embarrassment.

Ren: Huh?! No, Mitsuki-

???: I'd really rather you didn't do that.

They both turned towards the source of the new voice, straightening their backs to face you.

Mitsuki: Damn... you got here quicker than I thought. It was just a joke.

You walked towards them with your hands in your pockets, stopping a couple of feet away with a sigh.

Y/N: You and I both know that you were serious...

She clicked her tongue, causing a slow chuckle to escape your lips. After surveying the area, you walked over to one of the many trees encircling the open expanse, plopping yourself down onto the ground, leaning your back against the tree.

Y/N: What am I supposed to do here...?

Both Ren and Mitsuki followed you with their eyes, then turned their bodies toward you again.

Silence enveloped the area as the wind rustled through your hair, prompting a calming sigh from your lips.

Mitsuki: You know... I'm just gonna say it. You're too soft.

Ren flinched, turning to face her with widened eyes.

Ren: Mitsuki-

Mitsuki: I have to admit, My Lord, this roundabout way of teaching... it isn't like you. It's cowardly.

Ren almost passed out as you looked up at Mitsuki from your spot on the ground, sighing in exhaustion.

Y/N: I know... if they fail today, then I will have no choice but to resort to a different form of teaching. The one I used with you two...

A shiver ran down both of their spines as both Mitsuki and Ren trembled in fear.

Ren: Y/N... that was during a time of war... we are at peace now. Don't you th-

Y/N: You think that war waits for us? I may be able to see all on Earth and a large portion of the Underworld, but I have no jurisdiction in any of the other realms. War could come tomorrow, and I would have no idea.