• KNIGHTS OF THE CITY WATCH 🔥🐉

UTHER SIGHS.

"Gods be good." He mutters striding in as the Lords were all upstand on their feet. The King ascends the thresholds, proceeding to his seat, already Jaime Lannister was seated in the Small Council rolling his ball in the dish.

"Jaime" Uther acknowledges him, trying to keep the edge of his voice, he takes a orb from the gold platter that sat in the middle of the table.

The handsome golden knight was fully kitted on in his armour. Otto Hightower meets his gaze and looks away pulling out his chair, yet he stood.

"Your Grace" He curtly bows.

The King signaled them to sit. Everyone puts their orbs in the little dish on the council table, a signal that they're ready to discuss matters of regarding the affairs of the kingdom.

"Carry on, you were saying something about my impunity.... Lord Hand." Ser Jaime looked at Otto with a questioning glare.

"You are to explain.....your doings.....with the City's Watch." Otto puts his orb in the little dish on the table, then takes his seat.

The King's squires goes round filling their gold cups with wine.

"I heard your gold cloaks made quite the impression last night, didn't they?" Uther asked him.

"I don't know Your Grace did they?" Jaime answers rhetorically. Uther gaze darkens.

"The gold cloaks, why did you do it." Uther questioned him.

Silence.

"The city's watch was only trying to make the people realize that the crown sees all of her doings. Whatever happened last night was compelling." Ser Jaime countered smugly.

Otto stared at him with disgust, someone needed to wipe that smug smile off his proud face.

"The City's Watch is not a sword to be wielded at your whim. They're an extension of the crown, and as their Commader you should know that." Otto reminded him.

"The Watch was only enforcing the crown's laws. Wouldn't you agree Lord Strong?" Jaime turns to the Master of Whisperers.

"Ser Jaime, I don't think it was an indiscriminate show, considering......." Lord Strong tries to offer his remarks kindly but Otto interrupts him abruptly. 

"It was an indiscriminate show of violence!" Otto said, his tone was getting louder.

"Making a public spectacle of wanton brutality is hardly in line with our laws, but you went into the city and dis-valued the crown!" Otto said disagreeing to whatever opinion Ser Jamie was going to say.

"Whatever he did is still inclined with our laws." Lord Strong defends Jaime.

"I don't agree with him." Lord Robert Baratheon calmly stated.

Jaime scoff and leans forward.

"Nobles from every corner of the realm are right now descending upon King's landing for my nephew's tourney. Do you want them mugged, raped, murdered?" Ser Jaime asked looking around the silent table.

The lords didn't utter a word.

"You mightn't notices know this, unless you left the safety of the Red Keep, but much of King's Landing is seen by the small folk as lawless and terrifying." Ser Jamie told them.

"Our laws are still very much intact, but our city should be safe for all it's people." Maester Gaius said partly defending Ser Jaime.

"I agree," Uther nods, silently tapping the table, looking at their faces.