• CHALICE OF DEATH 🐉🔥🩸

FLEETLY, once the hall had erupted with an applauding cheer, everyone clapped to the forging alliance and to the era of peace and prosperity, they all returned back to their seats and immediately the celebrations began and musicians played.

At the high table, Uther sat down beside Arthur and watched as Bayard made his way to the middle of the large hall. At the sight of Lord Bayard getting ready to address the audience, Arthur apparently falls back into his chair, now it was time for boring speeches.

"People of Westeros, for a great many years we have been mortal enemies, and the blood of our men stains the ground from the boarders of Camelot to the walls of Mercia."

"And though we remember those who have died, we must not allow any more to join them." Bayard said as he addressed the noble guests, all attention was drawn to him.

Whilst he spoke, from the entrance, a young serving girl brings in a large box in her hands, the box is intricately decorated with the sigil of Mercia.

"As a symbol of our goodwill, and of our newfound friendship, I present these ceremonial goblets to you, Your Grace, and to your son, Prince Arthur, in the hope that our friendship may last for eternity." Bayard said the girl opens the box before him. The lord brings out two beautiful silver chalice up for all to see.

Cara suddenly approaches Daenerys and clasped her hand around her arm with fake anxiety in her voice. Daenerys head shot to her direction with shock.

"Lady Daenearys, I need to speak to you." Cara whispered harshly, panic gleamed in her eyes and shook in her voice. Daenerys wasn't quite sure maybe she should answer her, because Lord Bayard was right in the middle of his speech.

"The wounds we received in battle....." Lord Bayard continues.

"What is it?" Daenerys asked keeping her eyes fixated on Lord Bayard as he continues his long boring ridiculous speech, and then drifted her gaze to Arthur, who is stylishly yawning. A smile etched on her lips as he yawned, it seemed Bayard speech is was getting boring afterall. However Cara continues disturbing Daenerys.

"You need to come Lady Daenerys, it's urgent. I cannot say. Not here, please. I don't know who else to tell." Cara pressed. Daenerys rolls her eyes and turns to Cara, at first she didn't trust this Mercia girl, but she had to give her a chance to listen to whatever she had to say.

"Alright, come with me." Daenerys handed her jar to Guinivere and made her way out of the back entrance of the Great Hall with Cara. Lord Bayard's voice grew quieter as they made their way into an empty corridor with no guards on sight.

"What exactly do you want to tell me." Daenerys impatiently asked, she didn't like to miss such auspicious occasions, and Cara here is getting on her nerves.

"Two days ago, I was bringing Bayard his evening meal. We're supposed to knock. He didn't expect me to walk in..." She trailed off.

"So what are you trying to say?" Daenerys arched a brow, searching her face.

"I-If he knows I said anything, he, he'll, he will kill me." Cara said as her eyes were darting about in fear.

"Now you're getting me confused. Who's killing who, I hope the reason you brought me out here is important, otherwise I'm going back inside." Daenerys turns to leave.

"Wait." Cara begs, gripping her arm and Daenerys almost snapped back at her. "What exactly is it Cara, speak and stop stuttering, I don't have all evening." Daenerys demands, Cara swallowed and takes a deep breath.

"Bayard is no friend of Camelot. He craves the iron throne for himself, it's all he ever wanted. He's not here to forge an alliance or sign any peace treaty he wants to usurp the King. He believes that if he kills Arthur and his twin brothers, Uther's spirit will be broken and his succession will be left in doubt. He wants to start a war between the houses." Cara explained, her voice cracked with frustrations, Daenerys blinked, trying to piece the whole story. Was this girl telling the truth or was she the culprit. Why will a lord try to rebell to start a war. Fuck!!! Daenerys mind began to race.