• PRIDE & PREJUDICE

MORGANA frankly assassinated Alicent's character, but Arthur wasn't sure his sister understood her bestfriend, or maybe Alicent only showed her the side she wanted everyone to see.

A righteous maiden, commonly decent and well mannered. Maybe that's her true personality or maybe she's hiding her true self underneath her cloak. Arthur assumed.

"How do you know this to be true. Alicent is your friend." Arthur questioned, attentively.

"I just feel that way. Yes she may be my friend but I can't tell of her actions otherwise, she's too engaged with her religion."

"If I get you correctly, earlier you said the reason she's engaged to the Faith is because of her late mother, so are you saying she's pretending to be what she's not?"

"No! Don't misunderstand me." Morgana argues.

"Make me understand you then. What is it about Alicent that gives you so much doubt." Arthur demands.

"I just think she's not transparent enough, I have a feeling I haven't seen her whole, i sometimes think she's pretending around me, like you said earlier she's an enigma." Morgana said with discretion.

Arthur takes a deep breath.

"Understand where I'm coming from brother. I like Alicent dearly, I just don't perceive her to lead people. Bear in mind the HighTowers are proud folks, they'd never allow anyone talk down on them." Morgana explains.

"It's normal, every house has their pride like a milestone on their necks. Same thing as the HighTowers, they're an ancient family since Dawn of men, their pride is expectional." Arthur states.

"And Alicent sometimes shows that other nature of her family's traits." Morgana said.

"What do you expect. She's a Hightower Morgana, it's normal for her to feel that way." Arthur assumed.

"If you say so brother but believe me when I say Alicent is too self righteous, sometimes judgemental with piety, too decent for my liken" Morgana states with impugnity.

Arthur looks at Morgana aghast.

"So let me get this straight. You don't trust her well enough to consider her a prospect bride, you even claim she's a pretender and yet you call her your friend?"

"I trust her to some extent brother, really I do. I just.... don't perceive her as a member of our family. I love her but she her place is not at the King's table. No shades." Morgana bluntly said. Arthur inhales silently.

"Quiet shocking, but that is easy enough." Arthur doesn't argue any futhur.

"Dare I say if Father were to ask you to marry Alicent out of duty, even it's against your will brother, would you marry her?" Morgana modestly questioned him.

"No I will not." Arthur retorts.

"That's rude." Morgana slaps his arm.

"I'm not rude, I speak the truth. I will not be made to choose between two cousins, that could cause an enimity between two houses." Arthur scowls.

"Don't get me wrong Morgana, Alicent is a beautiful girl, from a good family, you may see her as too religious but I see her as a well cultured young woman, behaved, prim and proper but I do not find her alluring nor attractive in any kind of way, not to mention marrying her out of duty." Arthur ludicrously said.

"But what if the Small Council advises the King to do a selection of maidens?" Morgana asks.

"Then I'll choose Margaery Tyrell." Arthur answered.