CHAPTER 05 | LANCELOT

Chapter 05: Lancelot

LANCELOT, a young man of twenty and one, handsome, intelligent, brave, skilled with the strengths of a man. The boy always dreamt of becoming a knight, it was his goal yet he didn't know his destiny had so much potential than the realties of other boys.

Royal Knighthood, a position many boys from various families yearned for, it brought honour to the name, whether high or low the respect that came with wearing a royal cloak whether crimson white, gold or red was far more honorable an any man at the Knight's Watch.

All boys in Westeros dream of becoming knight, the boys with talents dream of becoming Kings Guard and the ones without talent prayed the warrior god would would grant them an opportunity to serve in the station of a knights of the city watch

However, he wouldn't know if his dream were true, and yet since he grew as a boy he's heard tales of many famous men in Westeros whose valor and gallantry proved their worth, granting them the honour to serve in the King's knighthood.

Lancelot was a lowborn son of of an ordinary man and lady who lived by a lake. Unfortunately his family was killed when their village was attacked by bandits.

Devastated, he vowed that he would never again be helpless in the face of tyranny. He then dedicated his life to the study of swordsmanship and combat, likely living the life of a wanderer until he was ready to set forth for King's Landing, hoping the Seven Gods will smile on him.

******
MEANWHILE, at day break, while the birds cawed, the sky glinted blue, the weather was calm and winds were soothing.

The streets were bustling with the noise and hagglings of Westerosi's. Riding out to the sound of men shouting and horses snorting, the rattling of doors and windows to the rattle of wagons and the groaning of wheel houses could be heard across Kingslanding.

Agaze of rising sun flurried about the capital. The kings road was just beyond the sprawl of castle outside town. And so Daenerys joined a group of women and children at the market as they climbed into a cartwheel heading outside the Mud Gate.

The horse man stopped at the middle of the woods as Daenerys steeped down, matching into the forest on errands for Gaius to get some particular plants and mushrooms.

The forest was beautiful, the tall trees danced to the waves of the wind, the grass were ever green and fresh, the flowers bud sprouted and bloomed.

Daenerys inhales the fresh air and then proceeded further into the woods, as soon as she got to a halt, she crouched down to pick up mushrooms.

Being away from the palace was good thing, since Arthur have been ignoring for her weeks since the coincidence that happened between them at the Maester's chamber.

Even though the memory plagued Daenerys mind, she knew her feeling were sincere but the Prince would never admit it.

Arthur didn't know what came over him, so he took it as liberty to avoid Daenerys like a disease. His heart belonged to Margaery Tyrell and only hers alone.

This nearly drove Daenerys to the edge of madness, seeing how the Prince behaved towards her, acting like nothing ever occurred between them weeks ago.

"Ugh! He can keep up with the façade, pretending as if he didn't try to kiss me." Daenerys mutters bitterly.

"Clumsy oaf." She hissed. "Is it too hard for him to admit his true feelings? Or I'm I being too desperate?" Daenerys mutters to herself.

Scoffing, she plucks more mushrooms.