He left what!

Niall's POV

Today was the Hong Kong show and we found out last night that Zayn was leaving today and not coming back for a couple of shows. Apparently people caught him holding hands with another girl at one of our shows. The fans freaked out and thought he was cheating on Perrie. So he left and went back to England to de stressify and get some rest. Tonight it was just the four of us and I missed Zayn. Right now I was backstage playing games with Louis.

"Louis are you ready?"

"I'm excited to be in a new place." Just then Paul and Mark came in with Harry and Liam behind him.

"Alright guys there is something I have to tell you and I need you to understand this was not an easy decision."

"What is it Paul?"

"Zayn has decided to leave One Direction permanently."

"Why?"

"He just wasn't happy anymore doing this job. You are still brothers to him no matter what."

"He left you guys a message. Also we gotta send out what your thoughts are as well as Zayns and Simons to your fans on Facebook."

"Okay can it wait until after the show?"

"Yes it can."

"Thanks Paul we will start it now and finish it after the show."

"Alright guys let's get ready." I felt like my heart was ripped out. Zayn was like a brother to me and it will be so different not having him on stage or in a hotel or on the tour bus with us. I pulled up Zayns name on my phone and called him.

"Hi Niall. I'm assuming you heard the news."

"Yes and the guys and I want to tell you you will always be like a brother to us . Please feel better and when we get back from tour we have to hang out."

"I can do that."

"Zayn it will be different without you tonight, and we will be thinking of you. Can you do me a favor?"

"Sure Niall anything."

"Check on Bell's for me."

"Of course. I want to see my niece and nephew."

"Give them a kiss for me."

"I will Niall and again I'll miss you guys, but I had to do this for myself. Maybe in a couple of years I'll come back to One Direction just not right now."

"I understand Zayn. Just get better and feel better."

"Thank you Niall you will always be my brother and I'm going to hang up before I start crying."

"Okay Zayn good bye."

"Bye." I whispered as I hung up. I got up and went backstage to see the boys getting ready to huddle up. I joined Louis and we did our chant before saying a quick prayer to Zayn and then went to stand behind the screen as the music came to end and I ran out there singing clouds like there was no tomorrow. I could hear the emotions in my voice as I sang and so what I did was push Zayn out of my head and put on a good show. Before I did that I thought Zayn you were great friend and brother we will miss you but we have to move on and make our fifth album better and greater. Now it's just time to put on a great show and continue on like nothing happened.

If you haven't seen the post that one direction posted it is on their Facebook but I bet everyone has seen it just in case though it's on their. Zayn we miss you but we the fans understand your choice and your decision. Love you Zayn! I'll also post the statement at the bottom of this page.

Vote

Comment

After five incredible years Zayn Malik has decided to leave One Direction. Niall, Harry, Liam and Louis will continue as a four-piece and look forward to the forthcoming concerts of their world tour anrecording their fifth album, due to be released later this year.

Zayn says: "My life with One Direction has been more than I could ever have imagined. But, after five years, I feel like it is now the right time for me to leave the band. I'd like to apologise to the fans if I've let anyone down, but I have to do what feels right in my heart. I am leaving because I want to be a normal 22-year-old who is able to relax and have some private time out of the spotlight. I know I have four friends for life in Louis, Liam, Harry and Niall. I know they will continue to be the best band in the world."

One Direction say: "We're really sad to see Zayn go, but we totally respect his decision and send him all our love for the future. The past five years have been beyond amazing, we've gone through so much together, so we will always be friends. The four of us will now continue. We're looking forward to recording the new album and seeing all the fans on the next stage of the world tour."

Simon Cowell says: "I would like to say thank you to Zayn for everything he has done for One Direction. Since I first met Zayn in 2010, I have grown very, very fond - and immensely proud - of him. I have seen him grow in confidence and I am truly sorry to see him leave. As for One Direction, fans can rest assured that Niall, Liam, Harry and Louis are hugely excited about the future of the band."