Chapter 3

The eventful day for Natasha Romanoff had arrived as she was lying on the bed in the medbay, waiting for Dr. Cho and the other skillful doctors around the world that Tony had hired for the experiment.

Natasha was well aware about the probability of this procedure to succeed and she already gave her consent for whatever result it would be.

But of course as a human being, she'd be hoping for the good result.

After she told Tony and Bruce about her decision, she couldn't sleep. Everyone was happy for her but she was actually terrified.

She was scared if this would work, was she going to be a good mother, or was she could be the worst in her child's eyes.

She got a panic attack because of it and luckily Wanda was there to calm her down.

The younger woman told her the story about her father and mother, how they raised both her and Pietro when she knew the older woman didn't have the childhood like she did.

It calmed the Russian when Wanda assured her that she would be the best mother for her child because of how protective and caring she was with the others.

The team was all there to support her. Even Nick Fury, her father figure and Maria Hill were also there.

They were also nervous for her, but they hid it because they didn't want the redhead to be scared. They wanted her to know that they all going to be there for her, like a family.

"You ready?" Bruce asked before he was going to put Natasha under anesthesia.

"Fully ready, I guess." Natasha answered hesitantly.

Bruce put the mask on her face and as she breathed in the gas, her eyes slowly closed as the anesthetic gas took control.

After about 10 hours, Bruce and Dr. Cho finally came out of the room. Steve who noticed them first quickly got up from his seat and went to both of them.

"So how did it go?" Steve asked impatiently.

"Procedures all went well. We managed to put the clone uterus in the seventh hour without any major bleeding. The injecting of the synthesized embryo was also a success. She will wake up after the anesthesia worn out in an hour or two." Dr. Cho explained calmly.

At this second, they all could breathe comfortably after hearing what Dr Cho said. They left the medbay after they took turns to have a peek on the redhead and will come again after she woke up.

Only Steve, Clint and Tony stayed behind as they waited in the room the nurse had transferred her to.

2 hours later

Clint held Natasha's hand hoping for his best friend to wake up soon. As he was about to let go to go to the bathroom, he felt a sudden grip.

He turned his gaze and saw Natasha slowly starting to open her eyes. Her forehead scrunched as she tried to adjust to the lights in the room.

"Hey Nat." Clint greeted her with a smile.

Steve and Tony quickly walked towards Natasha's bed as soon as they heard Clint's question.

"How do you feel, Nat?" Tony asked.

"Yeah, I feel good. But a little bit funny here." She replied with her raspy voice as she pointed her finger to her lower abdomen.

They smiled at her hoping the miracle inside her will grow.

"Alright then. I will get going now. Pepper is waiting for your news for hours. She will be mad at me if I don't tell her. Have a good rest Nat." Tony kissed her head before heading towards the door.

Natasha felt a blush on her cheeks as she was shocked at his affection and just nodded to him.

"Ohh and FRIDAY, please notify everyone that Nat had woke up." Tony said to the AI he created.

"Will do, Boss."

After a few minutes, Clint also heading out to go back to his family, leaving only Steve with Natasha for the moment. He just couldn't wait to tell his wife, Laura about Natasha.

Steve met Natasha's green eyes, feeling excited for her. And also the little one that hopefully will grow in her.

"You know, I'm going to be this little one's favourite uncle." He chuckled at his own words.

"I hope so. And I bet he or she will be the clingiest with all his or her uncles and aunties." She imagined with a smile on her face.

A knock on the door made their imagination stopped there. Wanda, Thor, Sam, Bucky and Vision entered the room walking towards Natasha.

Even though they were not really close, they cared for each other. They hung out for about half an hour before decided to leave Natasha to rest and sleep.

She was cleared to rest in her own room after a few days staying at the compound's medbay. She got some help from Wanda, Steve and sometimes Clint because of the post surgery.

A month later

Natasha was really bored because she couldn't train or had a morning run like the others.

Usually she got up at 5 am to take a few miles run around the compound. Then she would be having some breakfast before continuing her training at the gym, sparring with either Steve, Clint or anyone else in the team..

But thinking of the little one inside her that might change her life, she must admit that this will be worth it.

She stared at her room ceiling, daydreaming for God knows how long until she heard a notification sound on her phone. She stretched her hand to grab her phone on the nightstand and saw that it was from Bruce.

Bruce 🧪
Nat, I'm just reminding you that
tomorrow we will check the embryo
to know its growth. Hope you are
doing well. See you tomorrow.

Natasha replied to his text instantly. She sat up from her bed and decided to go down to the kitchen.

She put on her sweatshirt and long pants before heading out. Lately she always felt hungry and wanted to eat all the time.

She made a peanut butter sandwich and walked into the common room and saw Wanda and Clint.

"Hey guys. What are you guys doing?"

"Hey Nat. Ohh nothing much. Just having some conversations. How about you?"

Clint watched Natasha as she sat on the couch beside him while Wanda just waved and smiled at the redhead.

"I'm feeling a little hungry so I made this." She lifted up her sandwich to both of them as they nodded. "I'm bored and I can't train at all. You guys want to join me to watch some movies to fill my evening?"

"Yeah."

"Sure."

"Umm, Bruce left a message to me that he will be checking on me after a month and thats tomorrow. Can you, umm come with me tomorrow morning? I think I might want a little company. Quite nervous you know." She asked hesitantly while fiddling her fingers.

Both of them looked at each other, shocked at the question as they knew well Natasha Romanoff was a badass assassin and always wanted to get the job done mostly on her own.

"Yeah we can be your company. Don't worry." Wanda agreed earning a relieved expression from the Russian.

She felt excited but more to a nervous feeling waiting for tomorrow to come.

She spent most of the day watching movies with Wanda and Clint as the others were on a mission that was due to be back tomorrow.

Posted on 2nd December 2021

Edited on 20th February 2023