Chapter 54

The Quantum Tunnel was ready in the hangar. Natasha took the cue and went to stand in the middle of the platform as Steve followed her.

"Are you really sure you want to do this? I can do this for you." Steve said.

"Honey, I'm fine. I want to do this. Now go." She said, knowing how her husband was always protective.

Steve sighed and kissed her, "I'll see you in a few seconds, alright?"

Natasha smiled and Steve went down from the platform.

"Ready, Nat?" Bruce asked.

Natasha nodded as the helmet covered her head.

"We're going in three, two, one-"

Bruce pressed the button and the tunnel activated, sucking Natasha in.

It was a new atmosphere as she entered the Quantum Realm. It made her head spin and before she thought she would pass out, she grunted and yelled as she entered a new yet familiar surrounding.

She glanced around and knew she was in the Compound, specifically in the hallway. She walked along the silent hallway, trying to reach for the common room.

She saw your jacket on the floor—signing that you were just got home from school and threw it off onto the floor on the way back to your room along with your socks too.

She kneeled down and grabbed it with a smile and tears pooled in her eyes.

"Peter, where are my headphones?!"

"Y/n?" Natasha's heart pounded as she kneeled down to pick up the jacket as soon as she heard your voice.

"I never had them." Peter shouted back.

"Y/n?"

"Yeah, you had them yesterday!"

The suit was beeping as it was time to go back. She quickly ran towards the room, shouting your name and just a few steps from the entrance, she disappeared.

"Mama?"

"Y/N!!" Natasha grunted as she was now back on the platform.

"Hey. Hey, look at me. You okay?" Steve ran and helped her up.

"Yeah. Yeah." She panted as she looked down at her hand, shoving it lightly on Steve's chest, "It worked."

She looked at Tony and threw the jacket at him, "It worked."

Steve couldn't contain his excitement as he hugged Natasha so tight that she had to hold her tears from dripping down her cheeks.

"We're gonna bring them back. Our baby will come back."

After the test run succeeded, they didn't waste any time as they were now in the meeting room, listing all the stones that they needed to borrow.

Tony called it a brainstorming session as he brought up the screen.

"Okay, so the how works. Now, we gotta figure out the when and the where. Almost everyone in this room has had encounter with at least one of the Infinity Stones." Steve started as he stood in front of them.

"Or substitute the word 'encounter' for 'damn near been killed' by one of the six Infinity Stones." Tony cut him off as he joined him in the front.

"Well, I haven't- but I don't even know what the hell you're all talking about." Scott said.

"Regardless, we only have enough Pym Particles for one round-trip each. And these stones have been in a lot of different places throughout history." Bruce continued.