Chapter 47

• Two weeks later •

It was Sunday and not gonna lie, you were starting to get used with the silent quarters.

But the lobby was always full of people during weekdays as there were agents here too, and the scientists and engineers working in the lab and hangar.

In the weekends, it was reduced to half count of agents because enemies and bad guys didn't have a day off.

This was the most boring Sunday you had because everybody had plans.

Tony was out with Pepper to prepare their wedding after he proposed to her a few months ago while Peter had a class trip to MoMA, leaving your ass alone in the compound.

Rhodey was at the Air Force base as he had to settle some government works and Sam was nowhere to be found.

You guessed that he was sleeping in since he went out last night and came home late.

And there were you, laying on the couch in an upside down position where your legs were against the couch and your head was hanging, just a few inches from the floor.

That was surely an uncomfortable position to be in, but you were bored to death right now.

"FRIDAY. I'm bored."

"Do you want me to call Mr. Stark for you?" The AI replied.

"What? No. I don't want to disturb him."

"Okay. Shall I call Agent Romanoff instead?"

"Really FRIDAY?" You huffed.

You sat properly and decided to open the television instead, which you had been picking what to watch for 30 minutes on Netflix.

"Ugh, this is so frustrating."

You exited the Netflix app on the TV and it went to a news channel.

Your eyes widened at what you saw. A huge spaceship was in the middle of New York and it looked like a flying donut.

The place was in chaos until the camera showed two unrecognized species went down from the spaceship.

One of them was as big as the Hulk and it was carrying a hammer-like weapon while the other one was quite skinny. And from the look of it's face, it kinda looked like Squidward for some reason.

Yelling and screaming was heard from the live news and before you knew it, you gasped when a headline showed up with a face that you recognized the most.

'Special Report: Tony Stark Missing.'

"What the-"

You quickly grabbed your phone and dialed Peter's number. It went straight to voicemail and you tried a few times again with the same result.

You were scared and worried about your uncle and with Peter not answering your calls made it worse.

"MJ, is Peter with you?" You asked as soon as your best friend picked up your call in a ring.

"No y/n. He jumped off the bus in his suit after he saw the spaceship. You know about that, right?"

"What?! Oh God."

You ended the call and panicked. No one was here with you.

And you really need Natasha right now.

You were about to go find Sam in his room when you heard a whirring sound outside the compound.

Your feet changed it route as you ran towards the elevator and went down to the lobby.