Chapter 44

• A month later •

Things were going great in school. They welcomed you well on your first day and the teachers were happy that one of their best students came back.

And you, you were happy to be among your friends again. Some of them were curious where had you gone in that four months.

Of course you didn't tell the truth, you told them that it was just a family matter and it would always come out with many questions from your classmates.

"Sorry guys. It's confidential, you know, Avengers stuff. Uncle Tony wouldn't like it if I leak it out, right?" You answered with a smile.

"To call the richest person on the planet uncle, gosh, you're very very lucky, y/n. I'm sorry though for not talking to you after your secret was revealed. I'm just scared of Liz and Brad."

You smiled at him, "It's okay, J. I understand. It's not your fault."

"By the way, did Mr. Iron Man buys you anything you want? Like if you want a car, did he just straight to okay and bought it immediately?"

You laughed, "What? Who told you that? No, no. My mom would chop his head off if he spoils me that much. But yeah, I did ask about it one time when I was 8."

"Damn."

The conversations stopped when the bell rang and you had to prepare for your next class. For the last four months of syllabus, you managed to catch it all in three weeks of three hours after school class.

Bruce insisted you to take it and he believed in you when he helped you with the homework you got. Natasha also encouraged you well and she had put a halt on your training on weekdays and only trained on weekends if you didn't have loads of homework and school projects.

The next day, it was lunch time as you stood in front of your locker.

You were waiting for Peter, Ned and MJ to get lunch together as they went to meet Mr. Harrington first, something about the Decathlon event next month.

You were not involved for this event as they already registered the students before you got back in school.

You were minding your business in the chaotic surroundings at the hallway before you felt the pain on your head and a slam sound in front of you.

"What the hell?!"

You yelped when the person behind you pulled your braided hair and shoved your head on the closed locker door.

The hallway suddenly became quiet.

"Oh y/n, y/n, y/n. You really think I'm done with you after you ran away from me for four months, huh?"

"Why the fuck I would run from you? I'm not scared at you, Liz."

"Oh look, the good kid of Romanoff knows how to curse. I bet you're good at killing people too, like your mother." Brad showed himself and mocked you.

The word cut you sharper than a knife, because it was true.

"What do you guys want? I don't even disturb you guys." Your heart shattered and you didn't have the urge to fight anymore.

You wanted all of this to be done and satisfied Liz, Brad and their gang.

"Gosh, you disgust me, y/n. You don't deserve to be Black Widow's daughter at all. You're pathetic and always steal the attention from me."

"I'm not asking for it at all. So is that even my fault? You're the one who's pathetic, Allan."

Liz gritted her teeth, "Do you think I'm scared of you?! I don't give a shit about you living with the Avengers. You're weak and useless. You're nothing comparing to them, you just have the title of being the Black Widow's daughter. That's all."