Chapter 56

I'm bored. So here's another chapter 😆

The Quantum Tunnel activates again and they all back to the present time, succesfully obtained each stone. Most of them cheered but when Clint falls on his knees with a puffy red eyes, they stop.

"Clint, where's my wife?" Steve asks as he can't find Natasha in the group.

"Where's Natasha, Clint?!" Steve raises his voice, grabbing his collar. His eyes are forming tears now, hoping that the thing on his mind aren't true. Clint just stands there, not having the urge or fight back.

"Whoa whoa. Let him go Cap." Tony intervenes between both of them.

"It...It should've been me." He says on his knees, looking down at the platform.

"What do you mean?" Bruce asks, furrowing his eyebrow.

"She sacrificed herself for that goddamn stone! And it should've been me who jump off that fucking cliff. And we..we can't get her back." Clint screams with a shaky voice. They stare at him with a sad look, speechless to say anything.

Steve sits on a bench in front of the lake near the compound, mourning about his wife. A pat on his shoulder makes him startle. He turns his head and it was Tony. Clint, Bruce and Thor are here too.

"I'm sorry Cap. I promised you I will take care of her. And I didn't. And I don't blame you if you want to be mad at me." Clint says, looking down to the grass with teary eyes. Steve just looks at him, silent.

"Why? Why she did this to me? Why? She didn't love me anymore? How about our daughter? She didn't love y/n anymore?" Steve finally speaks after some time being silent. He is in denial of her death.

"She loved you Cap... She said to me, she loves you so much and she said she was sorry. Take care of y/n for her. And she doesn't want you... doesn't want us to blame ourselves for her choice." Clint sobs. He can't hold his tears anymore.

"She bet her life on it." He continues. Bruce grabs a bench near him and throw it across the lake. He is very angry.

"She's not coming back. We have to make it worth it." He says with a sad tone.

"We have to try." Tony says, still hoping. Steve gets up from his seat, looking at the lake.

"We will." He tries to stay strong for her, and wants to fulfill her wish in bringing everyone back, including you, their precious daughter.

Tony, Bruce and Rocket took about a couple hours to put the stones on the nanotech glove that Tony designed to hold the stones like Thanos's gauntlet.

"All right, the gloves ready. Question is, who's gonna snap their freakin' fingers?" Rocket asks as he is done preparing the glove.

"I'll do it." Thor walks towards the glove but Tony holds him off.

"Excuse me. Whoa whoa whoa stop. Slow down." Tony says to him as he is about to pick up the glove.

"Thor. Just wait. We haven't decided who's gonna put that on yet." Steve says sternly.

"I'm sorry. What, we're all just sitting around waiting for the right opportunity?" Thor asks sarcastically.

"We should at least discuss it." Scott says.

"Look, sitting here staring at the thing is not gonna bring everybody back. I'm the strongest Avenger, okay? So this responsibility falls upon me. It's my duty." Thor exclaims.