Chapter 22

"Please mama. I will be fine. Trust me."

Natasha shook her head for the millionth time since two days after the identity leak incident.

"No y/n. You will not be going to school or anywhere without our supervision."

Yep. It was strange for a teenager like you to love school.

Well, everyone hated school as far as you knew.

But not you.

You were a bit of a nerd among your classmates but the main reason you loved to go to school was because it was the only place that you could be around people your age.

Not that you didn't like being around your Avengers family, they were your family after all, the ones that saw you grow up.

But you had the needs to hang out with teen minds too.

You groaned, "But Peter will always be by my side. And you know that."

"It's not the same anymore, baby. Can't I just get you homeschooled or something?"

"I'm not going to be stuck in this compound forever. I'll be nuts in a week." You raised your voice a bit.

"Don't talk to me with that tone, young lady. No means no. And you only can step outside this compound with anyone from the team accompanying you. End of discussion." She said sternly.

You looked at Natasha with a tear pooled in your eyes and clenched fists.

"Baby, just listen to me, I just want to protect you-"

"No! You just want to keep me contained in this prison! I hate you!"

You yelled so loud that it made Natasha gasped silently at your reaction. And the word hate from your mouth shattered her.

"Y/n baby-"

You ran out of your room and went up to the rooftop. You cried so hard with the dark sky and a hint of light from the stars accompanied you.

Natasha sat on your bed with her head in her hands. Even with her great skill of hiding her feelings and never showing weakness, she just couldn't when it came to you.

Her eyes started to tear up and slight sobs were heard from the redhead.

She just wanted to protect you.

That's all.

But all you feel was that she wanted to torture you with isolation in the compound and no social interaction with the people outside.

She didn't go after you because she knew that you needed your own time to calm down because that's what she would want.

But a knock on the door made her lift up her head.

She quickly wiped out the tears that smeared on her already redden cheeks.

"I'm fine." She stated as she looked away from the blonde.

"You're far from being fine, Nat."

He walked in and sat beside her.

"It's okay to cry, Nat. Don't hide your feelings too much."

He said softly as he pulled the Russian to his side as he wrapped his arm around her back.

"I just want to protect her, Steve." She said, trembling.

"I know. And she has the right to protest and be frustrated knowing that she isn't free anymore and we are about to watch her like a hawk."

Natasha didn't say anything as what the super soldier said was all true.