Chapter 37

"Your mother isn't here to save you, y/n. No one will save you. You're stuck with me now."

"No, no! Please, I beg you, please- no more, Sir, no more."

SLAP!

"I said no crying!"

"Please, just no more. It- It hurts."

"Tell that to your mother and your great uncle Steve when they dropped a building on me!"

ZAP!

The belt hit your back again.

Natasha was awake when she felt vibrations around her and she looked at her side and panicked when she saw you wriggling in your sleep.

"Y/n, wake up." She said while shaking your body slightly, hoping you would be awake from whatever in your dreams.

The vibrations happened again but she was more worried of you as she shook you harder this time.

"Mama!"

You jolted awake with your pajamas all damp from your sweat.

"Y/n! Hey, you're okay, you're okay. It's just a nightmare baby. Mama's here with you."

"W-where am I?" You asked with heavy breaths.

"You're home, baby. You're safe. Take a deep breath sweetheart. Feel my heartbeat. You're home."

Natasha put your hand on her chest and guided you to take a deep breath. You started to calm down as you felt your mother's heartbeat rhythm.

"There you go. Good job baby. Keep doing that and you'll be fine."

When you had completely calmed down, she pulled you into a tight hug as she tried to hold her cry. Her heart sunk seeing you being the one that she once went through.

"I'm sorry, baby. I'm really sorry."

"Nat, y/n wake up! There's an earthquake!" Steve barged in and saw Natasha holding y/n in her arms.

"Oh wait, it stopped." He said as Natasha looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

No damage was done with the vibrations but it completely made everyone wake up by it.

"Are you okay?" Steve asked as he walked into the room.

"Y/n's having a nightmare but she's fine now." She smiled faintly but Steve could see the worries in her eyes.

"Nat, y/n?" Wanda's voice could be heard outside Natasha's room.

When the witch was at the doorway, it seemed Pietro, Yelena and Bucky were there too.

"Hey guys."

"We come to check on you and y/n. We feel a slight earthquake just now." Bucky said.

"We're fine. Thanks for checking on us."

They nodded and left both of you and Steve in the room.

"You can go back to sleep, Steve. I think the earthquake will not come back." Natasha said as Steve stood awkwardly beside the bed.

"Yeah, right. Okay." He nodded, "Good night."

"Good night Steve."

As the door closed, Natasha looked at you as you buried your face in her chest.

"Do you want to talk about it?" She asked softly as she let her fingers ran through your hair.

You shook your head in her chest.