Chapter 59

A week later

With the compound was destroyed completely, Tony only letting you and Peter to stay with him. Well, because both of you are still kids and he and Pepper decided to take care of you both for the time being. Steve and the others are staying in the hotel that Tony has rented for them until the new compound is ready.

With the help of the allies of the Avengers, they managed to clean up the mess and debris in about 2 days only. A new compound is in construction, still at the same place as the old compound.

You are sitting on your bed, leaning against the bedframe. Tears are rolling down to your cheeks as you are swiping on your phone screen. You are looking at the photos in your gallery app, reminiscing all the memories of you and Natasha. Sometimes you smile, and sometimes you sob staring at every photos.

"Y/nnnn! Helppp!" Morgan suddenly barges in your room, running towards you. She quickly climbs on your bed and sits on your lap, hugging you. You are shocked as you are trying to process what is happening.

"Morgan, that's not fair. You are asking for protection." You hear Peter whines as he walks into your room.

"What did you do, sweetie?" You wipe your tears quickly and ask her softly.

"Nothing." She replies, her hands still around your waist.

"Morgan H. Stark." You say her full name. She slowly pulls herself from you and looks down.

"Peter doesn't want to play with me. He just focussed on his Lego. So I took his minifigures." She explains with a low voice.

"Where is it honey?" You ask her. She slowly puts her hand in her pocket and pulls out 4 minifigures. You take it from her hand.

"Here, Pete. Next time, just play with her when she asks you too. Or I will be the one that will throw away your Legos." You warn and roll your eyes to him.

"Okay. Okay. Sorry Morgan. Sorry y/n." He says, giving in. Morgan smiles and stares at your face.

"Are you crying again, y/n?" She asks innocently.

"Yeah. Sorry about that. I just miss my mama." You reply to her honestly.

"I miss her too." She mumbles, making you feel sad even more. Peter looks at you sadly as he sits on your bed and pulls you into a hug with Morgan in the middle.

"We all miss her, y/n." He says.

"Hey, I can't breathe." Morgan shouts.

"Ooops sorry little one." Peter immediately breaks the hug and rubs Morgan's head. You chuckle at him and he smiles.

After dinner with Tony, Pepper, Morgan and Peter, all of you are relaxing in the living room. Steve and Bucky is here too. You sit beside Steve, watching some news on the TV.

While watching the TV, you play with your necklace on your neck but you accidentally pressed the button behind the necklace. After the battle with Thanos, you don't have the reason to wear your suit anymore.

"Oops, sorry about that." You rub the back of your head when all eyes are on you, looking weirdly at you in your suit.

You are about to press back the button but suddenly a hologram comes out of your necklace. It's Natasha! Looking straight at you as if she is really in front of you. You are stunned, as well as the others.

"Hi baby. It's mama here. I miss you... I've tried so hard to search for a way to bring you back. And now it has been 5 years. People has been saying to me to move on. But, I can't move on like the others. I just want you in my life. You are the one that completed my life. And well... You have a dad now. Just like what you have been dreaming, to have a father. Me and Steve eloped 2 years ago. So you can call him daddy now, you know." She chuckles. You can't hold your tears anymore.

You feel a hand around your shoulder. Steve pulls you closer to him as you lay your head on his chest, sobbing. He rubs your arm softly to calm you down as he is trying to hold his tears too, looking at his hologram wife.

"And today, we have found a way. A chance, to bring you back. And your uncle Tony did it. We are gathering back all the team now. I hope we win this time. I miss you so much baby. I don't know why I'm doing this recording. Well, you are gonna be back soon, right? And we will be a happy family again, with your new dad." She smiles and pauses for a moment before walking towards you, lowering her body. "I love you, y/n sweetheart. See you soon." She winks while smiling and the recording ends.

You are sobbing really hard now with tears falling down nonstop. The room is now full of sobbing sounds with the others are crying too.

With the compound is now 100% ready, after about 2 weeks, most of the team start to move back in to the building. It looks just the same as the old one. The layout, the floor and everything. You pick the same room just like before. And Steve is getting the room in front of you as it was Natasha's room before.

Today, they are preparing to send the six infinity stones back to their time. With the help of Hank Pym and Hope, they managed to build a smaller quantum tunnel.

"Do you really need to be the one to send them back?" You ask Steve who is already in the Advanced Tech suit with the help of Sam and Bucky. Yelena is here too, keeping you company.

"Yes baby. I'm the Captain, remember?" He replies. He kneels in front of you so that he is the same level as you. He holds both your shoulders.

"I don't wanna lose you too, daddy." You say to him with a shaky voice. You put your arms around his neck, hugging him tightly as he rubs your back, returning the hug.

"I will be back, princess. I promise." He assures you. You break the hug and nod. He then stands up and walks towards Bruce.

"Okay, remember. You have to return the stones to the exact moment you got them or you're gonna open up a bunch of nasty alternative realities." Bruce says as he shows him the stones in a briefcase.

"Don't worry, Bruce. Clip all the branches." He replies and closes the briefcase.

"You know, I tried. When I had the gauntlet, the stones, I really tried to bring her back. I miss her, man." Bruce says sadly. You look at him with tears forming in your eyes.

"I miss her more, Bruce." He sighs before picks up the briefcase and makes his way to the tunnel's platform.

"You know, if you want, I could come with you." Sam offers himself. Steve turns his head to him.

"You're a good man, Sam. This one's on me, though." Steve replies, patting on his shoulder. He then walks passes Bucky.

"Don't do anything stupid till I get back." He says, smirking.

"How can I? You're taking all the stupid with you." Bucky smirks back as they hug each other.

"Take care of our princess, will ya?" Steve says.

"You know I will." He replies, smiling.

Steve climbs up the platform with the briefcase and the Mjolnïr. He looks at you with a smile and you return it. He then glances to Yelena with a nod.

"How long is this gonna take, uncle Bruce?" You ask Bruce.

"For him, as long as he needs. For us, five seconds." Bruce smiles at you.

"You ready, Cap?" Steve nods, glancing at Bruce.

"All right, we'll meet you back here, okay?" Bruce pushes the buttons on the control panel to activate the tunnel.

"You bet." Steve pulls out the helmet from the suit.

"Going quantum in three, two, one." Bruce presses the last button and Steve is sucked into the tunnel.

"And returning in five, four, three, two, one." You look at the tunnel and expecting your daddy to be there again, but nothing happened. You turn your head to Bruce and see him panics, looking at the monitor, trying to figure out what's wrong.