Chapter 16

Natasha was in the meeting room with her laptop as she was typing in her mission reports when a creak of the door was heard.

She lifted up her head and a smile formed as she saw the person who came in.

"Hi."

"Hey. Still buried in those reports I see."

The redhead raised her eyebrows as the super soldier chuckled while he pulled a chair to sit in front of her.

"Yeah, yeah I know. I'm the one who instructed it to be done by tomorrow."

"Good thing you realized or I'm gonna throw this laptop towards you, Rogers. Captain or not." She scoffed playfully.

"What happened yesterday with y/n?"

Natasha looked at the blonde and sighed heavily.

"We argued- a little."

Steve frowned, "Argued?"

"Mhmm."

"About what? That's the first time I heard you say that when it comes to y/n."

"She wants to be in the team after that spider boy joins us and I said no. Then she became frustrated and- we argued."

"Parker?" He raised an eyebrow and got up from his seat, "Did he persuade my princess to be in our suicide team too? Ohh I'm gonna-"

"No Steve. Parker is y/n's best friend and he knows how dangerous superhero life can be. I doubt that he wants y/n to be the same as his life." Natasha defended.

"Then what happened?" He asked as he sat back down slowly.

"She thinks that she's a grown up and capable of handling everything by herself just like Parker does."

"She's thirteen." Steve sighed.

"And a teenager." The redhead highlighted.

"Well, I guess we are entering the teenage thoughts now. I've heard people say that they always think that they can do everything even though we are the ones that protect them from seeing the bad side of life."

"That's- a good reference." She smirked making the blonde's cheek flushed red, "Even though I want to do that until she's umm- 40?"

Steve chuckled, "You know that's impossible, right?"

Both of them smiled at the thought.

"My daughter, as an Avenger, saving this cruel world. Gosh, just the thought of it makes me scared." Natasha shook her head.

"I know you want to protect her, and trust me, we all do-"

"But-" She raised an eyebrow, knowing there would be a counter of the sentence.

Steve flashed a faint smile, "But I don't know how long we can keep this secret of her being your daughter. She's growing up, our baby is growing up and we don't have the power to stop it. How and when the secret will expose is the question I can't answer. Nobody can."

"Steve-"

"I'm sorry Nat if I'm being like- I don't know, but I have been thinking of this for so long. I love y/n very much. She has me wrap around her fingers and you know it."

The redhead sighed, all the things the super soldier said was true, no deny in that. She just couldn't imagine when her baby is known to the world and going to do the same dangerous job as hers.

Her thoughts vanished when she felt a warm skin on hers.

"Don't worry Nat. We're gonna get through this together. We all have your back." He smiled faintly.