Chapter 43

Natasha sighed.

The thing that she was worried about had consumed her as she couldn't sleep properly for almost two weeks after your birthday.

Yes, her baby had turned 14 and she was happy for you. She stared at your sleeping figure while her fingers playing with your baby hairs.

"I'm scared, detka. I don't want you to experience it too. And I'm too terrified to even ask you. I'm sorry, baby."

A tear dropped onto the sheets and she was trying hard not to sob and wake you up.

She slowly got out of the bed and fixed the blanket on you before she walked out of the room.

She went up to the lab and knew who was in there at this hour.

As she went in, she saw Melina and Bruce worked together to recreate the Red Dust for Yelena to use to free the Widows she found.

"Can't sleep again?" Melina asked with a worried tone.

Natasha nodded.

"What is it that has been bothering you, Natasha? You can tell me you know." Melina said.

Natasha thought about it for a moment, either to trust Melina or not.

For sure she had betrayed both her and Yelena, but for the three years of living as her fake daughter, it kind of felt real even it was hard for her to admit it.

"Bruce, can I have a moment alone with Melina?" The redhead asked.

"Sure, Nat." He smiled and put all his things on his desk before walking out of the lab.

The lab became quiet after Bruce left and Melina was patient to wait for the redhead to blurt out all that had been her concern.

"I don't know how to say it, Melina. I'm so scared to know the truth." She started.

"It's okay, Natasha. Just take your time."

"It's just, I- you know what the Red Room did to young girls, and even us, right? And y/n had been in there too, even though it's not long, but still," Natasha sighed, "Did- um, did you know if he- gave my daughter the- uhm, gosh why is this so hard?!"

She snapped and it made the older Russian jumped slightly. Natasha had her head in her hands as she tried not to cry.

"The involuntary hysterectomy?" The brunette asked.

Natasha nodded, still with her head in her hands.

Melina put her hand on the redhead's shoulder and she lifted her head up to look at her once she called her mother.

"I'm sorry, Nat. I- I don't know. Dreykov didn't tell me those things. I don't even know her face until the day you saved her."

Natasha had tears dripped down her cheeks as she heard her answer. Her heart crushed but deep down she somehow felt relieved that she still had hope that the monster didn't do that to you.

"I even googled it to know what age she should be getting her first period when she had her 12th birthday. And a year later, she got taken. I don't know how to feel anymore and I'm very scared. I don't want her to experience it like me- like us. I just want her to be a normal girl, but that's already out of the list when she gets her powers."

Natasha sobbed on Melina's shoulders as the brunette listened to every word she said while rubbing her back.

No words that could make it better so Melina just kept quiet and just be there for Natasha.

"Oh my God, Nat! There you are." Steve said as he panted at the entrance of the lab like he just got chased by a ghost or something.

Natasha wiped her tears quickly before he faced the super soldier.