Chapter 10

• 5 years later •

"See you on Sunday, mama. Be careful okay?"

She pushed the strands of red hair from your forehead, giving her the clear look of your green orbs.

"I will, sweetheart. Take care of yourself too, alright? I'll be home as fast as possible."

You wrapped your arms around her waist as she pulled you into a tight hug.

Before she pulled away, she kissed your temple and you smiled at the gesture.

"I love you mommy."

"And I love you more, detka. Be good for your uncle Steve and the others okay."

"You know I will." You smirked.

"I don't want to hear another prank you pulled on him, y/n Romanoff. Or I'll make Tony take your credit card back."

You scoffed at the blackmail. You knew well how to persuade Tony by using your eyes only and he would make the begging look for you not to do it.

"Mama, I'm just teaching him how to use technology." You rolled your eyes.

"You literally make him forward the video that he wanted to delete to all the team's email, y/n."

"No I don't."

"Don't lie to your mother, baby. He'd been ranting to me for days." She smirked.

"Alright, I'm sorry. It was funny, not gonna lie though. I saw you laugh at that video too."

"Oh, don't push the blame on me now, young lady. You're lucky your uncle loves you that much. Or else you would be sleeping on the streets now."

You gasped, "That's mean."

"Love you baby girl."

She kissed your forehead one last time before hopping to the jet that was already waiting for her for the past ten minutes.

Yes. You were a teenager now.

You grew up very fast but still the clingiest in the compound and the love you received increased everyday that not a day you felt like being neglected.

Even though you were starting to get your teenager phase, everyone had proven to manage your moods well.

Your training was also becoming more and more intense every day but still, it was not very pushy and suitable for a thirteen year old.

You would have combat training with Steve. You even had basic training about how to handle a knife with Bucky after you begged Natasha to let him.

Not to forget how you loved playing the trick arrows with Clint and to your surprise, Natasha had trusted you to train with guns too, but she never let you hold a gun or knife without an adult's supervision.

Even after your mother and Tony's bickering that you got ears on a few months back, you knew your smart ass uncle had created you a suit the very same as his.

Natasha had warned him not to do that but she gave in when he proved her a point that someday, you'll need it for emergencies.

Because of that, you got to familiarize yourself with the suit every once in a while with his and FRIDAY's help.

Tony Stark, the person that learnt from his mistakes and always prepared after what he had been through.

It was Saturday and that meant no school which also meant training day.

Just like since you were seven, the habit of being an early bird didn't change.

Usually on weekdays, you get up at 5 am because you always went for a few runs at the park before school.