Chapter 11

You quickly rushed outside and saw a few doctors running towards the Quinjet.

Your heart beating quickly, hoping that your Mama was back in one piece. Not that you prayed for the others to get hurt but your mind was only stuck with the person that gave birth to you.

"Three GSW on the lower abdomen, one to the chest. She lost a lot of blood on the way here and she got collapse lungs making her struggle to breathe."

"Let's get her to the medic bay, fast!" Dr. Cho yelled.

"Mama?!"

You ran fast when you saw the widow's bite on her wrist that indicated the person on the gurney was Natasha, your mother.

"Mama, it's me, y/n. Please don't leave me." You cried as you struggled from the people that didn't want you to be near to your heavily injured mother.

Her eyes opened slightly after hearing your voice and she shot a small smile under the oxygen mask.

"I'm s-sorry, detka."

"Get out of the way, kid!" A man yelled and pushed you and you almost fell on the ground but Tony caught you first.

"Move! Move!"

"Is mama gonna be okay?" You asked with a sob, trailing Natasha being carried away with your eyes until she was out of your sight.

"I don't know, princess. I don't know." Tony said guiltily as he hugged you from behind.

"Natasha will be okay, y/n. She's strong. Too strong. Like you." Clint tried to calm you down as he knelt on the ground.

After you calmed down a bit, you slowly got up with the help of Tony to head inside the compound.

They went straight to the medbay and waited outside the operating toom, hoping for good news.

"What happened to her, aunt Wanda?" You asked while still in tears.

Wanda was hesitant to tell you as the mission was confidential but when she looked at Steve, he just nodded as he couldn't stand looking at your tears.

"We were attacking the HYDRA base to destroy them from the inside. There were so many henchmen there but Tony successfully planted the bombs inside the base. The mission was almost done until a group of HYDRA soldiers were shooting at us from the outside. It was a trap and-" She paused, looking at your face as she tried to read you.

Her eyes also started to redden as she held her tears.

"She saw a soldier wanted to shoot me from behind and she got him first but there's also someone behind her. I-I couldn't save her. She got a few shots on the chest and we decided to retreat immediately and headed back."

"She would be okay, right?" You asked as tears dripping again to your cheeks.

"It should've been me. I'm sorry y/n. I'm really sorry."

You just looked down at the floor, too sad to reply her.

• 7 hours later •

Dr. Cho came out from the operating room with a faint smile. You fell asleep with your head on Steve's lap. He woke you up and you quickly sat up wanting to know what happened.

Your tiredness vanished when you saw Dr Cho in front of you.

"How's my mama? Is she okay?" You shot the questions to the Korean doctor as you waited for quick answers.

She put her hand on your head softly and caressed with her thumb as her smile was shown on her face even though tiredness was overpowering her.

"Hey y/n. Your mother is fine, dear. She's a strong woman and I'm sure she will get back to you and us soon."