Chapter 52

"Yeah, and there's that. We tried everything we can to bring everybody back, but without the stones, there's not much we can do." Steve said, ending his explanation to Scott who obviously didn't know anything that happened five years ago.

The room became silent and the tension became thick as Scott tried to understand the situation.

Natasha stared at the man in front of him as he kept on walking back and forth while mumbling to himself. She looked at Steve as he did the same.

"Scott. Are you okay?" Steve asked with a crossed arms as Scott stopped walking.

"Yeah." He rubbed his face, "Have either of you guys ever studied quantum physics?"

"Only to make conversation." Natasha replied.

"All right, so- five years ago, right before- Thanos, I was in a place called the quantum realm. The quantum realm is like its own microscopic universe. To get in there, you have to be incredibly small." Scott explained.

Both Steve and Natasha listened to him intently with furrowed eyebrows on their faces.

"Hope. She's my, um- she was my- she was supposed to pull me out. And then Thanos happened and I got stuck in there."

"I'm sorry, that must have been a very long five years." Natasha said.

"Yeah, but that's just it. It wasn't. For me, it was five hours. See, the rules of the quantum realm aren't like they are up here. Everything is unpredictable." He continued until his eyes caught onto something, "Is that anybody's sandwich? I'm starving."

He quickly went to grab the sandwich that was long prepared by the redhead.

"Scott. What are you talking about?" Steve asked sternly.

Scott turned around with a mouthful, "So- what I'm saying is- time works differently in the quantum realm. The only problem is right now we don't have a way to navigate it. But what if we did? I can't stop thinking about it. What if we could somehow control the chaos and we could navigate it? What if there was a way that we could enter the quantum realm at a certain point in time but then exit the quantum realm at another point in time? Like- like before Thanos."

"Wait. Are you talking about a time machine?" Steve summarized.

"No. No, of course not. No, not a time machine. This is more like a-" He hesitated while thinking for a more suitable phrase but failed, "Yeah. Like a time machine. I know, it's crazy. It's crazy. But I can't stop thinking about it. There's gotta be some way-," He sighed, "It's crazy."

Natasha cut him off, "Scott. I get emails from a raccoon- so nothing sounds crazy anymore."

"So, who do we talk about this?"

⧗