Chapter 9

As Happy made the last turn before entering the compound, you could see from afar how your beloved mother was crossing her arms while tapping her foot.

Her gaze didn't leave as she followed the car until Happy pulled over right in front of her.

"It's okay kiddo. Tell her everything and I'm sure she'll understand. You're a good kid as far as I know."

Happy said as he glanced at you from the mirror with a concerned look.

"Thanks for driving me uncle Happy."

You got out of the car slowly, holding tightly on the strap of your bag.

You didn't have the urge to look up as you kept staring at the floor. You walked with your head down until you saw her shoes.

You couldn't tell whether she might be mad or disappointed with your behavior. You just lose control when they touch your friends in front of your eyes.

But you didn't regret it. The bully actually deserved it but still, you needed to face the consequences.

The tapping of her shoes stopped but you could feel her sharp gaze and you didn't have the strength to look at her.

She dropped on her knees to level your height and lifted up your chin to meet your green ones.

"What have you done at school today, y/n y/m/n Romanoff?" She asked with a firm tone.

No sweetheart, no detka (baby), no malishka (baby girl).

Just your full name. And that made you even more frightened that you just stood stiff in front of her.

"Answer me." She urged with the same tone.

"I-I-I'm sorry mama. They- they bullied my friend. I can't just stand there, watching them bully my friend."

You said with a shaky tone as your eyes started to form tears.

You might look strong with others, but not with your mother.

Besides, she knew you very well. You were her baby after all.

Natasha's heart touched after seeing your tears. She hated to see you cry.

You had made her soft.

She was confident that she had taught you well and you would never punch someone for fun.

"Don't cry, baby. I'm just asking you, I want to know what happened. I want to hear from you, not from anyone else." She wiped your tears and pulled you into her chest, hugging you tightly.

"I'm sorry mommy. I promise I won't do it again."

Her heart melted when she heard what you called her as she knew that you only called her mommy when you were upset or clingy.

You couldn't bear it as you continued to cry on Natasha's chest, creating a few spots of tears on her shirt.

"It's okay baby. You are just protecting your friends."

She pulled you from her chest and cupped your jaw.

"But that doesn't mean you need to hurt them. You can tell your teachers or if that doesn't work, you can tell me and I'll deal with it. You know I got your back, right?"

You nodded as you looked into your mother's eyes. Your face was red and your eyes were swollen from the cries.

"But I still can't believe you could punch that boy with this tiny fist and even break his jaw. Remind me not to piss you off."

She let out a giggle as a smile slowly appeared on your face.

"Mommy, I would never punch you even if you make me mad."