Chapter 23

The first week of school went well but it became worse and worse after that.

And here you were, crying on the rooftop of your school since the start of your free period.

It took only one person to make most of the students hate you, or more so, disgusted.

"Are you sure you're really Black Widow's daughter? You look nothing like her."

"What a useless bitch to be known as the Black Widow's daughter. She doesn't deserve a weak person like you."

"I know that the Avengers always go to missions, saving the world blah, blah, blah, and I am confident that she's just the kid that the Avenger's saved and the Black Widow adopted after seeing how she was miserable without anyone in her life."

"Maybe Romanoff is just a whore and she slept with some drunk guys and got pregnant. Who knows, right? Knowing that she's hot as fuck."

"Oh wait, I got another theory. What if Romanoff got kidnapped and the enemy fucked her. That's way more logic since I hardly believe she's the person who slept with random men."

That was what you always faced every time you were in school.

It only started with Liz's group, and it spread like diseases.

They didn't lay their hands, or fists at you, but their words-

It hurt like hell.

But you tried to be strong in front of your family. They noticed how you became more and more closed off and not their cheery little girl anymore.

You always went straight to your room and only got out when Natasha called you to eat and when it was time for school.

She was worried about your condition and tried to make you talk to her, but all you replied was that you were fine and there was nothing to worry about.

So she stopped asking and just supported you when you needed it.

You were ashamed of who you were. You had your mind stuck at how mediocre you were compared to your superhero family.

Even though your mother was a mortal, she could do anything.

People could throw her deep into the woods all alone and she would be alive and she could even build a home there.

She knew what you had been through and she would whisper soft assurances in your ear when you were asleep, because that was the only time when you didn't shut her out.

She thought you were in a deep sleep, but you weren't. You heard every word she said and you tried to hold your tears and the want of being in her arms.

You loved your mother, and your uncle Steve, uncle Tony, aunty Wanda, and basically everyone in the compound, but your ego was too high to let your guard down after you got the mocking words from your schoolmates.

It made you feel even more useless. You couldn't give something of why they would take care of you, love you unconditionally.

All you could hold onto was the Romanoff in your name.

Of course, the people looked high on the name for being the best female agent and female spy in the well-known organization.

But not to her little one.

They immediately doubted when you went viral to be known as her daughter.

You listed all your strengths and weaknesses that people saw and you couldn't be more frustrated.