Chapter 39

"I-I have no idea."

"Bruce?" Natasha looked at the billionaire.

"We need to look at the reports on the procedure again. And also the blood." Bruce replied.

"Anything that we need to know more at what he said to you?" Natasha asked as she looked at you.

You shook your head slowly as you were sure there was nothing important left to say.

"Okay. Uncle Tony and uncle Bruce might need some time to search for the answer so you can leave now if you want. Do you want to spend time with me?" She asked softly.

You took a moment to think before you looked up at her and smiled, "It's okay mama. You have work to do with them."

Natasha raised her left eyebrow, "Are you sure, detka (baby)?"

"Yeah. I have Peter to keep me occupied while you work."

He was somehow surprised when you chose him but he was happy when he heard his name.

Well, he was the only teen friend you had in the compound while the adults were busy.

"Alright baby. I'll be here when you need me." She said before she turned her gaze at Peter, "Watch her for me, okay?"

"Mama, I'll be fine. You worry too much." You whined.

Natasha looked at you with a disbelief look, "Of course I worry! You've been taken from me for 3 months and now you have powers in you."

Her voice raised and you looked down, slightly scared at your mother's reaction and it made Natasha feel so guilty.

"Hey, hey. I'm sorry I raised my voice. I didn't mean to. It's just, I don't want to lose you again and I don't want you to be hurt- because it hurts me too. You're my baby and I love you so much." She said before she hugged you tightly while kissing your head.

"I love you too mommy. I'm sorry."

"You don't have to be sorry, baby. It's okay."

Natasha left you with Peter and headed inside the lab again to join the others.

You and Peter decided to take a walk outside the compound and you could feel the slight awkwardness between you too.

"Uhh, are you okay, y/n? It's a stupid question, I know." He asked.

You smiled, "Hey, it's not. I'm fine by the way. Maybe I'm a little overreacting in the lab. I'm sorry."