Chapter 4

Next morning

Natasha couldn't sleep last night so she decided to take a shower instead. She entered the bathroom as early as 5 am to take a shower.

About half an hour later, she got out of the bathroom, feeling fresher than ever.

She grabbed her favorite hoodie and matched it with a pair of sweatpants from her closet for the day.

Heading down to the kitchen, there was no one in the kitchen yet as it was still early and not to forget that there was only her, Wanda and Bruce at the compound.

Everyone else was still out for the mission and might come back later today.

She rummaged through the cabinets to see what she could do for breakfast. Pancakes was all she could think when she saw the ingredients in front of her.

After she was done with the batter, she pulled out a pan and started to cook and flip the pancakes like a pro, even though she was far from that.

As she was done eating her part of the pancakes, she wrote a note for both Bruce and Wanda before sticking them on the door of the fridge so that it was easy for them to see it.

Wanda could still be sleeping at this hour and Bruce, of course he was in the lab.

Clint spent his night at his house with his family, like usual. He already texted that he will be at the compound before she went to the lab this morning.

Clint arrived and waited for Natasha at the common room. A few minutes later, Natasha and Wanda walked in and he quickly got up from the couch.

"Ready?"

He stared at her best friend, trying to read her even though he knew he couldn't. She just so good at hiding her feelings.

"Kinda. Let's go. Bruce is waiting."

She pressed the elevator's button with Wanda and Clint following behind her.

"Hey Bruce."

She greeted as she stepped into the lab.

Bruce was focusing on his laptop with his brows furrowed. His hair was a bit messy and his glasses had fallen lower on the bridge of his nose.

He lifted his head when he heard the redhead and fixed his glasses back to its original place.

"Hey Nat. Hey Clint, Wanda. What are you guys doing here?"

The lab was not the Avengers' favorite place so he felt weird when more than one people came.

"Nat said that you will be checking on her today. So we want to keep her company. She really nervous you know. And- so do we." Wanda whispered at the last sentence.

"Yeah okay then. Come on Nat, lay down here."

He patted on the bed beside a machine that she knew it was an ultrasound.

She didn't question anything and immediately laying down on the bed. She lifted up her shirt a little, just enough to expose her flat stomach.

It was still early for a bump to appear and she still didn't know if the procedure worked.

Bruce squeezed some gel on her stomach and moved the ultrasound scanner.

After some moves of the scanner on her belly, she felt anxious when she saw Bruce's expression but Wanda's grip on her hand calmed her a little.

His eyes were very focused on the screen. Shlhe looked at it too but she was too nervous to know anything that was appearing on the screen.

When he suddenly stopped, Natasha stared at him and the screen as she waited for his words to come out.