Chapter 46

After she heard your light snore, she slowly climbed out of your bed. She had been staring at you until you fell asleep with you in her arms.

"I know I have been overprotective over you but it's for your own good. Mama loves you so much, my little Romanoff." She whispered and kissed your forehead before leaving your room.

She sighed heavily as she entered her room. She sat on her bed and grabbed her phone, reading the texts that she didn't have a chance to do it since the meeting.

A knock on her door made her lift her head and saw Steve entered with a small smile.

"Hey. Is y/n's asleep?"

She nodded, "Yeah, she's in her room."

Steve furrowed his eyebrows, "By herself?"

"Mhm. She doesn't want to sleep with me. I- I accidentally raised my voice and she cried and- she didn't want me with her tonight." Natasha said sadly.

Steve sighed and went to sit beside her, side hugging her while kissing her head.

He didn't say anything but he stayed there for her, wrapping his arms around her.

As time went by, Steve wanted to leave her room as it was getting late and they needed to be ready early in the morning but Natasha made him stay.

So they called it a night with Steve cuddling Natasha to sleep and soothing her that it was going to be okay.

You jolted awake from your sleep and looked at the time on your phone.

2.30am.

You sighed and the last night moments played back in your head.

You were so upset that you couldn't be an Avenger like Peter did, let alone helped your mother and the team in missions.

All you wanted was to help. You knew your powers would be a big contribution and not to your knowing, the team already discussed this in the meeting.

But Natasha would never agree to it and they all respected her decision. It's her daughter after all, she had every right to think what was best for you.

They knew you had been to missions during your time with HYDRA and the Red Room. But it was different from the Avengers.

HYDRA and the Red Room forced you to do what they wanted and they didn't care about you, either you were hurt or attacked, they just wanted the mission to be done perfectly.

But not SHIELD and the Avengers. They cared about each other and they would give a chance to everyone to prove themselves, just like Clint took Natasha with him, how Wanda and Pietro switched sides during the battle and not to forget Steve helped Bucky to redeem himself again.

They were not only a team, they were a family and family watched out for each other.

And Natasha had to protect you at all cost, it didn't matter what powers you got because she's the mother.

The thoughts in your mind made you feel guilty for treating your mother like that. She tried her best to protect you and all you did was make her sad.

You took your stuffed bear and headed out to Natasha's room after contemplating your decision whether to sleep with her or not.