{Chapter 62|Past}

Matt's eyes shot wide open, but squinted them immediately, blinded by the bright lights that overwhelmed his vision. He sits up and looks around what seems to be his chamber. All white, top to bottom, left and right, aside from the wide glass wall in his front.

He sees 3 other egg-shaped white chambers to his left, two of them empty and one was too dark to see what was inside. He starts to panic, not knowing what happened or how he got here. The last thing he remembered was running with Edd down the stairs to tell their parents what happened to Tom...

Tom!

'What happened to Tom?' Matt thought to himself, only getting more and more worried for himself and for his brothers.

Suddenly, he hears footsteps approaching his chamber. Dark brown hair and those oval-shaped glasses he knew all too well were approaching him. Oliver, his father. Matt jumps in happiness, finding comfort in seeing his father, finding something familiar in this unfamiliar place.

"Dad!" Matt exclaims. "Dad! Please, get me out of here!"

"Now, now, slow down, Matt. I'll get you out, but first, you should eat. I'm sure you're hungry after being in here for over sixteen hours." His father says while pressing something on the right side of his chamber. Something beeps, and a box opens up. Oliver puts the plate of steak into it, and it closes.

Matt jumps when he hears the sound of something opening inside his chamber. The container on his right opened up, revealing the medium-rare steak. He looks at his father for approval, and Oliver smiles reassuringly at him.

"Um...thanks, dad." Matt quietly says. Even if the steak came from his own father, he still can't help but feel a bit unsure. He sighs, grabs the given knife and fork, and begins to cut pieces of the steak and put them in his mouth. He took his time to chew the piece and then swallowed.

Suddenly, he was overwhelmed with this feeling of euphoria. He starts giggling out of nowhere, taking more bites of the steak.

Oliver watches silently.

Three.

Two.

One.

The older man watches as his adopted son falls over with a thud, dropping the fork with the uneaten steak.

~

Once more, Matt's eyes open wide. He sits up, observing that he is in a more comfy and casual environment. Grayish light blue walls surrounded him with furniture that was of a suburban home. He was actually sitting on something soft this time, which was a brown leather sofa.

All of a sudden, he senses movement coming from his right and he immediately stood up. There sat an old woman who looked like she was in her early sixties. Now he knew what his head was laying on earlier.

"U-um! Who...who are you?" Matt hesitantly asks, breathing heavily.

"Calm down, Matt. Take a seat." He hears the voice of his father from behind him and he immediately turns around. "Dad! Dad, oh my god. Please, who is this woman? Where am I? Where are Tom and the othe—"

"Hush, Matt. Take a seat." His father interrupts with a harsh voice. Matt silently obliges.

"This woman here is your biological mother and she's done a lot to meet you. The least you could do is be respectful to her."

Matt's eyes widen. That woman? That woman is his biological mother?

The boy couldn't help but feel his heart begin to quicken. He suddenly remembers that stormy and rainy night, he remembers fire, he remembers that officer, he remembers...