{~ Childhood Adventures |3| Grandma! ~}

Tom : 9
Tord : 9
Edd & Ell : 8
You : 7
Matt : 7

You were in the backyard of the Gold family.

"My classmates told me that owls are nocturnal today." Ell says as she plays with her flowers. "I have no idea what nocturnal means."

"Yes. Owls are not turtles." You agree, making tiny flower crowns from the yard.

Matt and Edd were playing catch with a ball.
It was Edd's turn to throw the ball to Matt, but he had quite terrible aim, the ball flying over Matt's head. "Sorry! That was a really bad throw!" Edd apologizes.

Matt comes back with the ball in hand, "Don't worry, Edd! That was a great throw!" He says, walking over to Edd to hand back the ball so that he could try again.

"If you say something nice even if you don't mean really it, it's still called being polite, right?" The ginger-haired boy asks the brunette, looking at him with innocent curiosity and Edd couldn't help but blink away his tears and nod.

Matt doesn't notice this and returns to his spot, "Okay, I'm ready!"

"Tord, dad said your banned from guns, light sabers, swords and hammers for a week. He noticed you've been really aggressive today." Tom says in monotone as he plays with his legos.

Tord doesn't say anything and takes the lego set that Tom was playing with.

"H-Hey! Bastard! I was playing with that first!" Tom tries to take back the lego set from Tord's hands but swooshed away.

"Take the other lego set from the attic." Tord says as he walks away from Tom to a more secluded area.

"What are you even gonna do with those legos?!" Tom asks.

"...I'm gonna make the ultimate lego weapon to destroy dad for revenge." Tord chuckles darkly.

"I...I think you missed the point—"

"I SLICED THROUGH HARSH BLIZZARDS, RAN FROM RESPONSIBILITES, BEFRIENDED THE JUNGLE, DRANK THE ULTRA SECRET APPLE JUICE, ATE THE LEGENDARY COOKIE, AND THROUGH THAT I I HAD MASTERED THE ART OF BUILDING STUFF! I HAVE LOST MANY, MANY THINGS IN MY LIFE AND I WILL NOT LET THIS TIME GO! FROM THIS DAY ONWARD, I DECLARE THAT THIS MAN I CALL "DAD" IS NOW NOTHING BUT A STRANGER TO THEE, I SWEAR TO MY LI—"

"You know what, I'll just go get the lego set from the attic."

~

A few more minutes went passed when suddenly, a lady came through the door. All of you turn to look at the sweet-looking lady, the children except you ran to tackle the woman to the ground.

"GRANDMA!!!!!" All your playmates rush to attack the woman with hugs and kisses.

"Did you bring me my favorite gum-gums?!"
"Yes, of course!"
"How about my robot chocolate?!!"
"I wouldn't ever forget!"
"C-cola...?"
"Don't be so shy, Eddie! I have them all here!"

"YAYY!!" Cheers erupted from the children as you watch from the farthest corner of the yard.

"Who...?" You seemed to question yourself.

The lady notices your presence, a huge smile spread across her face. It made you want to smile too.

"Ah, you must be (Y/N)!" The children get off of her ad they notice the sudden interest from their grandma.

The lady made her way to you.

You didn't move from your place. All you could feel from this lady is rainbows and unicorns and cookies and brownies. What were you suppose to do?

Before you could even process, you were now pressed against the lady. You being hugged and...it felt really nice and comforting.

"You are the cutest little angel ever!" The lady squishes your cheeks and proceeds to stand up. "Okay, everyone fix your things here! We're going inside and I'm baking brownies and cookies!"

Everyone gave out a happy cheer.

~

You walk home, sulking and upset.

Grandmother Susan was doing some knitting at the front porch and see your saddened baby face. She didn't like that, so she called you over.

"(Y/N) sweetie, what happened?"

By instinct, you drop your bag and let yourself sit on her lap.

"...It...It was Family Day today at school."

"Oh yes. I heard your parents couldn't come."

"I felt really lonely at school even though teacher Fiona volunteered to be my pretend mommy for the day. It wasn't the same. I felt really out of place with the rest of my classmates. Their family was complete and teacher Fiona needed to take care of the other children too. I couldn't participate in the games either, so I didn't win any prizes."

You sniffle, tears threatening to fall down your soft cheeks. Your vision started to get blurry as droplets began to fall.

"I see."

Grandmother Susan let you cry freely unto her chest as she pats your back for comfort.

"You just need to know that...people won't always be there when you need or want them. That's just the truth. If they really love you, (Y/N), then your parents will make time for you. You and you only. They don't need to attend some event like Family day to prove their love for you. Make sure to always be thankful for the things they give you and treat you, okay? Things...things won't always be the way you want them to be. Now, it seems that your parents are arriving already, look at that."

Your bring your face up to see your car parking in the garage.

"(Y/N)!" Your mother sees you and gestures you to come over.

"Thank you so much for listening to me today, Grandmother Susan."

"It's nothing, sweetheart. Now go, your mother is calling you."

Susan watches as you grab your bag and run towards to your house.

Your mother kneels at your height and gently holds your small hands. "I'm so sorry, baby. We didn't get to attend Family day today because something urgent came up from work. Me and daddy will make it up to you tomorrow okay? Where do you wanna go?"

Your mother examines your face more closer.

"H-have you been crying? Oh no, I really am sorry, baby. You must've felt really lonely at school, huh? Come on, let's go inside." Your mother takes your bag and carries it for you as you hold hands with her as you two go inside.

Susan smiles.

"She's going to grow up into a wonderful girl."