{Chapter 45|Aiden}

3 months has passed.

It's December now.

3 months since Edd had decided to do the unbelievable. He recovered well as the treatment they gave him was all he needed. His body recovered back to being healthy, and everyone was sure his mental health was as well, but you weren't too sure.

Edd is an honest friend, but also very good with hiding his true feelings. It's not like you lost your trust in him to take care of himself, but rather you just felt more protective of him.

Other than that, everything has gone back to normal, except, the once happy atmosphere between the 5 of you lessened.

Walking through the school halls, quarterly exams were coming, so you need to study up as much as you can. You wished it would come here sooner. The faster you could get your exams done, the faster winter break follows.

"(Y/N)!" You hear a voice call your name from the halls as you fix some stuff in your locker.

It was a girl, she had her dark hair all tied up in a neat ponytail, her figure curved and slim and the way she walked bothered you.

"I saw your results last quarter and I was wondering if we could study together, you and me, later in the library?" She scratched her head and waited for your answer.

Seriously, who is she? With all the drama going on in your life, remembering minor people's faces is a lot more challenging now. The moment came where your brain just gave up on trying to try and travel down your memory hole and you let out a sigh.

"I'm sorry...who are you again?" You ask.

The girl seemed surprised, not expecting such an answer from you.

"Aiden. Y'know...your uh...classmate? We were partnered up for a biology project last month." She seemed confused, how could you not remember your own classmate?

Yon don't remember her at all, but you just gave her a nod just so there wouldn't be anymore complications between the two of you.

"Sure, I'll meet you there after school." You say.

She smiled and walked off.

But something about it bothered you once again.
That smile was fake.

You shrug that thought off, maybe your brain was just playing tricks.
Maybe you just can't help yourself but to be really assuming about everyone you know after that incident with Edd.

~

You told Tom and the others about your little meeting and they agreed, only that Tom conditioned you to be back by 6. It was around 4 pm right now so you had some time to do some reviewing with Aiden.

By the time you got to the library, Aiden was already there with some books stacked on the table. The way she postured herself is so perfect it felt like she was faking it.

Again, you thought it was just your brain.

She saw you and waved to which you waved back.

You took a seat next to her and she first took out History. The one she's been having trouble with. Honestly, you had quite trouble with the subject at bits too at some point and you had to google.

Aiden volunteered in using her phone to research some stuff.

After some time, you decided to take a 10 minute break before getting back to studying. Aiden seemed really nice.

The key word is "seemed".

You don't know why, but the way Aiden just did anything was mildly uncomfortable to you. What was bothering you about her so much?

You eventually moved on to the other subjects, some skimming and scanning as you already knew key-factors from that particular subject.

"Ah shoot! I was absent when they discussed this! (Y/N), how exactly do you do this formula?" Aiden points to the source of her distress.

"Oh, that one's a bit tricky. It took a while for me to get it right too. Here," You move out some books and notebooks in the way and started to teach her, where she was relieved.

Time passed on. Eventually, you decided to end the studying for the evening and separate ways.

"Good luck, (Y/N)!" Aiden gives you a thumbs up as she gathers her things.

"...Sure. You too, Aiden." And soon as you said that, you began walking away.

Albeit being uncomfortable, it was a nice way to get fresh air. You've been hanging around the same group of people a lot longer now and your mind was craving for some new faces.

Strange as it could be, Aiden might just be who you were looking for.
A new female friend.

Taking out your phone, you start to dial Tom's number.

"On my way."

Was all that come out from the other side before hanging up.

Straight to the point, huh.

You sigh, scrolling through some things in your phone while waiting for your ride home.

A few minutes pass and you see a familiar red car making it's way towards your direction. Your face brightened up at the sight, the thought of your bed immediately popping into your head as you thought of home.

"Hey!" You greet Tom, taking a seat in the front.

Tom nods and starts driving back.

"Did Edd take his pills today?" You ask.

"Yeah. He's still not used to the sudden protectiveness we showered on him." You could faintly see Tom smile at the comment.

With that, you smile too.

"...And Grandma?"

"She's doing well. We're planning for her to visit the hospital soon but she keeps refusing to."

You turn to the road in front.

"I can understand why. We've been visiting that place far too often."

Why Me? |EDDSWORLD X READER |FF| HIATUSजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें