{Chapter 44|A Visit}

Woah hey. Didn't see you here. Now you're probably thinking, "I wonder what's for dinner..." Well, ask your mom. How the heck should I know.
Anyways, it's nice to be back. I can't believe you guys waited so long for this short chapter. Some stuff came up with school and I lost my motivation to write for a short while. I hope you understand, but I'm here, right now. So yey.
P.s this wasn't proof read!!
=~~~=

"(Y/N), can I...talk to you for a moment?" Tord asks you as you were about to head downstairs.

You jump, not expecting him to just call you out.
You see your phone in his hands.
He'd seen your phone.
He might have looked through your phone.
What is he gonna ask about?

About why didn't you tell him sooner about Unknown?
Why did you keep this secret?
How did it know about everything you do?

"Yeah?" You reply wearily.

He opened his mouth to say something but closed it, "N-nevermind. It's not important. Here," he hands you back the phone and you took it hesitantly.

You click the power button of your device but you were met with the same black screen.

"Um, Tord, what did you do?" You ask.

He looked at you confused, "What do you mean?"

"...my phone wouldn't turn on." You say.

"Ah...I must've pressed something then."

"A-Alright..." You respond, not knowing what else to say.

"We should um...go downstairs now." Tord suggests and you nod in reply.

This just made you realize...how awkward it is between you guys.
Sure, you played it off cool the first time, but now that you actually had a moment with him with no interruptions whatsoever, you can't help but feel like you're suffocating in the thick air of awkwardness.

"Y-yeah! I guess we should!" You say once you notice the stare you were giving him and it probably looked weird.

~

Breakfast was done as soon as it was prepared and everyone went to get ready for the visit once again to the hospital and probably grab something from a fast-food restaurant along the way.

You had just gotten out of the shower and combed your wet and silky hair while looking at the mirror. This situation was similar to last time, the time where you all were to pick up Edd from the hospital then to the Orphanage. Also the time when you finally searched up what Tord had been saying to you.

You stop combing your hair and looked more closely on your reflection, lightly touching your bottom lip and brushed your finger across it.

Your heart did a little tug from the inside.

If these boys weren't your childhood best friends, you would have moved out the second Tom kissed you. But these were your best friends.
At least, that's what you want to believe.

But that was the past.

Things change.

And apparently, their feelings changed for you.

Your reflection showed a face of irritation and sadness.
These boys are broken.

You don't know what happened to them, and you surely have no right to know, but you know something happened. You know something had broken them.

In such an early part of their life, they received something that no child should ever go through. What that something was is something you'll need to find out on your own.