{Chapter 24|Hospitals}

lol no, the picture above is clearly not making me die on the inside. What are u talking about????
P.S OH NOO ITS A SHORT CHAPTERRRRRR
=~~~=

It felt like a decade in the ambulance.
It felt too long.
You just wanted to go out,
You can't stand it.
You can't stand that there's Edd's unconscious body right in front of you.
It made you feel sick.

20 minutes into the ride and you had arrived in the hospital.

You were scared.
You felt so helpless just seeing his body.
Not moving.
He looked so pale.
He looked almost...dead.

You suddenly feel your heart rate quicken and so did your breathing.
Sweat began forming on your forehead and the feeling of dizziness came rushing in.
You hated this. You hated panic attacks so much. You always felt like you're gonna lose your mind whenever it happens.

That's when you felt a warm hand grab yours.
You turn to look at Tom, he was on his phone, probably calling the others as he tries to calm you down, rubbing his thumb against your palm gently.

"Tord, we just arrived at the hospital. Get a ride and make it quick. Is Matt with you? Good. Make sure to pick up Grandma along the way...yeah, yeah. We gotta go."

He puts his phone back in his pocket and you follow him at the entrance.

~

"Hm...are you relatives of Mr. Gould?" A nurse had came out of the room.
"Yes, yes we are. Can we see him now?" Tom asks. The nurse nods and opens the room for you.

The nauseating sound of the heart rate monitor was the first thing you hear upon coming into the room.

Edd's body was lying on the hospital bed.

You sit on one of the chairs, and so did Ell.
"I'm...gonna stand by outside for awhile. I'm gonna keep an eye out for the others." Tom excused himself out.

And now, you were left alone with Ell.

"...What happened?"

Ell suddenly decides to ask.

And thus, you felt your anger coming back.

"Which part, Ell?!" You snap at her.

She visibly flinched.

"The part where you pretended that I didn't fucking exist?!? Or the part where we found Edd's unconscious body?!?" You asked, clearly angered.

Ell felt like shit.

Her best friend, the one who was always so humorous, the one who was always so friendly and kind, the one who was there for her, was mad at her. And it wasn't because of a stupid reason now.

No--she wasn't just mad--she was enraged.

"L-look, (Y/N), I'm sor-"
"There we go again. That word. A sorry won't fix this, Ell! You let your stupid ignorance take over! We would've been able to reach there much earlier if you decided to just LOOK at me! To just ANSWER me!"

You felt your lungs heavier than before.

"We would have been able to at least prevent it! But noooo! Your popularity was more important! I guess I don't matter anymore, huh?! If that's what you feel, I'll happily move out of that house, move to another school, and pretend like you don't even exist!"

You pant heavily.

"(Y/N), did you even think why we were ignoring you in the first place?!" Ell asks you sharply.

You stay silent, keeping your eyes on the ground.

"You broke his heart, (Y/N)! I don't like it when he's hurt!" Ell states, making you look up with wide-eyes.
Before you could speak, "And why me?! Out of all of my brothers, why did you choose me?!" Ell says.

"I found you the most dependable! No matter the situation, even if you were ignoring me, the way I see you didn't change! You were still Ell! Sure, you were goofy sometimes, but you knew when to be serious! I thought...I thought I could depend on you!" You answered back, "At least I thought..."

Ell felt even more like shit.

She was suppose to be like a good older sister towards you. You saw her as a dependable person. And she ruined that image that you visioned about her.
This just proves how much ignorant she was.

Neither one of you talked until the door opened.

"We're here! And we bought cola!" Matt's cheery voice interrupted the tense atmosphere between you two.
Matt turned to the bed and his smile dropped, "Awwh...I wanted to his reaction." Matt places the plastic of cola cans on his bedside table.

"How's he doing?" Tord asks, coming into the room.
You shake your head,
Tord frowns in return.

"Where's Tom?" You ask.
"He's with Grandma, talking to the doctor or something." Tord's eyes landed on the bed. "He tired himself out, now look at the consequences." Tord mutters and sat on the chair.

The door opened to reveal the doctor, "Good afternoon. I've come to deliver you the information we collected after running EEG tests on Mr. Gould."

You all lean in on what she had to say,

"Apparently, Mr. Gould had been having non-epileptic seizures frequently, we couldn't identify for how long though. Today was his first actual epileptic seizure. If you seen the signs much earlier, we would've been able to heal him then and there...but since the infection has been there for too long, we're gonna have to keep him here until his brain has been stabilized. Oh, Ms. (L/N). I've heard you're the one who called for help when you saw him. Good thing you called the ambulance when you did." The doctor smiles at you before exiting.

"W-wait, Doctor! How long exactly are you keeping him here?" Ell asks,
The doctor turns around, "If we're lucky, we can release him this week. We're still a bit unsure." She answers and walks away.

"Edd..." You walk and sit next to his bed.

"Please...recover soon." You hug him tightly.
=~~~=
I like how I kept you all waiting in suspense last chapter and I just give you this really short one cause LMAO XD LOL why not?
Remember when this book just started out fresh and nice and sunshine lollipops?
Yeah, I do too. Now look where we are :'-)